We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Sinister Neck Lump and Mutant Tonsil

Beesuit
Posted by

When did you have a test? 
I can’t understand why the hospital didn’t tell you to self isolate for a fortnight which is what the nhs guidelines are. 
I hope your team has an answer. 

Dani
Squamous Cell Carcinoma base of tongue diagnosed September 2018. T2N0M0. 67Gy radiotherapy over six weeks December/January 2018/19
The blog is my personal cancer journey, warts and all. 

Piya10
Posted by

Oh my gosh, as if you don't have enough on your plate already. Hopefully you will only have mild symptoms (if at all) and be back on treatment track soon.

All the very best.

Tricia

Piya10
PamelaJ
Posted by

I had the test on Tuesday, they only contacted me re the PEG on Monday but I was isolating anyway, they are now saying 14th July to start, they will keep me in that week and give me PEG, all depending on covid symptoms, in the last half hour my temp has gone from 36.5 to 37.4, which I know is not high but still a jump. Im hyperaware of everything in my body at the moment, praying for an easy ride

PamelaJ
Posted by

COVID update - I still have no symptoms thankfully. They thought i was pre symptomatic, apparently you can test positive 1-3 days before symptoms, Im now 5 days since test, so I either have no symptoms or its a false positive (which is my thinking), Ive ordered another test to be done tomorrow.

Treatment rescheduled for 14 July so now back to the fear that it has spread to jaw and or base of tongue, trying to stay calm as kids are picking up on my fears, not sleeping much at all so getting grumpy too. Ive requested another mapping CT for the first week which they think is a good idea as last scan was 5 June.  Counting down the days again.

Pamela

LindaWT
Posted by

That will be interesting to see what the second test comes up with Pamela.  I wonder how many other people have received false positive results?

Fingers crossed that your treatment will stay on schedule now.

Linda x