We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Covid 19

Beesuit
Posted by

Hazel 

I git through next 2 weeks then no one really cared how much weight I lost !,”

I got bullied every step of the way over weight loss even though I lost only about half a stone. 
I used to put stuff in my pockets at weighing time 

Strange thing about the weight loss

I’m almost the same as I was at the beginning of treatment but I’ve changed shape completely. I can get into jeans that I never could before. 

Dani
Squamous Cell Carcinoma base of tongue diagnosed September 2018. T2N0M0. 67Gy radiotherapy over six weeks December/January 2018/19
The blog is my personal cancer journey, warts and all. 

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Dani

diito I am the same weight but liken you say  a different shape weird!  I have t out the extra weight I out in before treatment but yes I can get into jeans that I couldn’t before .

inused to out phone car keys house keys and anything else I could think off as well  lol

H xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz,wordpress.com.

i give a honest account of my experiences with tonsil cancer 

T2N2NM equals tumour size 2-4 cm 2 affected lymph nodes  later changed to several after pet ct scan NM no distant metastatic .35 radiotherapy sessions and 2 out if 3 planned cisplatin chemotherapy sessions.   

chris2012
Posted by

I have always been slim and have trouble putting on weight, I was a constant 9.5 stone before my cancer and dropped to 8.5 just before, I'm now about 10 stone 5 lbs max thanks to ensures and calogen shots. I'm still the same shape although my stomach looks bigger where they took skin and muscle for skin grafts etc so it looks a bit deformed now, not that it bothers me, I gave up caring what I looked like after my jaw reconstruction, im still around to tell the tale so that suits me

Chris xx

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

Beesuit
Posted by

Chris, you are a shining light and golden inside. Your friends and family love you and that’s what matters. 
My daughter lives in Berlin. I hid the rigours if my treatment from her and even now she doesn’t know about my blog but at the height of my pain, nasogastric tube in place and haggard looking, when we Skyped she told me I was beautiful. Broke my heart! 

Dani
Squamous Cell Carcinoma base of tongue diagnosed September 2018. T2N0M0. 67Gy radiotherapy over six weeks December/January 2018/19

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Hi Chris 

you really are a kind person I think you must read like snd reply to almost every post that’s on here. I know you’ve put up with my typos (lol ) I have nails yes they are my own so type with side of fingers hence typos. That my excuse and I am sticking to it. 

I reckon when all this lockdown is over we will have to try and find a central point and and  see how many of us can make it. I don’t mind being the organiser ! Just a thought  or maybe the ramblings of day 16 in Spanish lockdown!!

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

T2N2NM equals tumour size 2-4 cm 2 affected lymph nodes  later changed to several after pet ct scan NM no distant metastatic .35 radiotherapy sessions and 2 out if 3 planned cisplatin chemotherapy sessions.   

Drivermason
Posted by

Morning all

We'd love to have a meet up with everyone that can make it when this is all over.

As many of you no longer drink alcohol due to treatment I'll have to have your share!!

Ken tried a few sips of a beer the other day and said it was disgusting! The thought of wine makes him sick!!

Stay safe and well everyone. XXX 

Sharon xx

Hubby - Left tonsil squamous cell carcinoma P16 positive with neck nodes T1N1M0 - 30 fractions of radiotherapy and 6 weeks of chemotherapy, Cisplatin in December / January 2019/20

Me - Invasive lobular breast cancer - Grade 2, Stage 2 - mastectomy October 2019 - 15 fractions of radiotherapy December / January 2019/20 

Beesuit
Posted by

Yes count me in. 
I love a real ale and still enjoy it. 

Dani

Beesuit
Posted by

Hazel

youll have to start a thread for a meet up and bump it every now and then to keep it live. 

Dani

manup1
Posted by

Tell me,I gave up on looks 40 odd year ago. I was in fire when I was 18 lost my ear and half my hair ,broken jaws,teeth etc but still the same inside. Often wondered about being a councillor ,I'd like to give something back. So if you want deformed mate I'll fight you for it l.o.l. 

Take care

Paul

If you're going through hell keep going, I'll meet you at the other end x 
manup1
Posted by

I'd like to come if I can make it to. Look out for the T shirt

Paul x

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Hi Paul

put you down on list your number 1 ,think we will be a motley crew anyway ,between me and my dad burn in neck and dribble you’ll fit in fine.9

TThink  treatment starts tomorrow for you sending all the positivity I can . For some reason I’ve for Glasgow at the Beatson hospital May be totally wrong ?

Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

manup1
Posted by

Hi hazel

Just tried fitting gum sheild in 2mins ago

Excruciatingly painful. Got it In Though. It's the Western and general hosp Edinburgh. Tried for ninewells closer, different trust, would have to be re referred, politics uh ?

Paul x

chris2012
Posted by

I can still swallow thin liquids so i reckon i could join you rather than you drink alone I find ales are better than larger etc , wine is to acidy for me so i leave that alone . Take care .

Chris xx

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Hi Sharon it’s a deal !!! You will probably end up with most of foidcas well. Lol I know John has put nearly 2 stone on eating my leftovers ! Now the battle is to get it off and stop him eating during lockdown coz he can’t ride his bike whichvwas the plsn 

yes everybody stay safe H xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

chris2012
Posted by

Hi Hazel,I reckon i could manage a meet up with you guys, sounds like a good idea to me . . It's only because i have a Grammarly app that my spelling etc is ok . Take care .

Chris xx