We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Waiting again!

madaboutmutts
Posted by

Thank you Hazel

Really appreciate your help x

Beesuit
Posted by

16 week avid PET/CT here with me too as you know. Scope clear. Biopsy clear too. Surgeon doing biopsy couldn’t see where to go and called a colleague in for a second opinion while I was out on the operating table. I think it’s quite common so oncologists see it quite often and don’t realise how stressed we get. I was told not to worry as they were 99% sure there was no cancer there. 
Coughing? Yes nearly a year from Radio my dry throat makes me cough. It starts as a tickle that I can’t swallow away. I have to have a drink. I’m sure time will improve things for Hazel, me, your hubby. 
Fingers crossed all will be well

Dani
Squamous Cell Carcinoma base of tongue diagnosed September 2018. T2N0M0. 67Gy radiotherapy over six weeks December/January 2018/19
The blog is my personal cancer journey, warts and all. 

madaboutmutts
Posted by

Thanks so much.  I cant tell you how helpful your posts on this have been!

chris2012
Posted by

This is better news for you, still a long time for you both to wait from the initial word from the consultant. Having a change of consultants does no help matters, thankfully i had one of the best (in my opinion ) Fingers crossed for you and your husband with the biopsy and the results, take care, best wishes.

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

madaboutmutts
Posted by

Hi Chris and thank you.  Really cant wait to get this done and find out where we are.  Someone we met during treatment for same had his scan and result on the same day as my husband - and his result was exactly the same, so he is also having biopsy.  You have all been so supportive - it really does make a difference.  I will keep you posted.  Xx

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Hi think it’s tomorrow you go to hospital or manybe I’ve dreamt it ! Either way fingers and toes crossed for positive news for both of you .

Keep us posted Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com

i give a honest account of my experiences with tonsil cancer 

T2N2NM equals tumour size 2-4 cm 2 affected lymph nodes  later changed to several after pet ct scan NM no distant metastatic .35 radiotherapy sessions and 2 out if 3 planned cisplatin chemotherapy sessions.   Now fast approaching the 2 years since end of treatment. Good luck to anyone starting out will always help if I can  

madaboutmutts
Posted by

Hi Hazel

Nice of you to remember.  Yes it was tomorrow but has now been changed to Friday!  Just hope it doesnt get changed again as we have been waiting since Dec 3rd.    We are pretty nervous about it but keeping positive. I will keep you posted. X

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

No problem, I try and remember as when I had important dates I had a lady who contacted me every time  in the cancer U.K. forum .Weve actually met up in Portsmouth and keep in touch it’s the little things just knowing someone else is thinking about you l I do think the forums  do help throughout diagnosis treatment and recovery everything x for Friday youve all  come this far not much further now.

sending hugs

Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

T2N2NM equals tumour size 2-4 cm 2 affected lymph nodes  later changed to several after pet ct scan NM no distant metastatic .35 radiotherapy sessions and 2 out if 3 planned cisplatin chemotherapy sessions.   Now fast approaching the 2 years since end of treatment. Good luck to anyone starting out will always help if I can  

madaboutmutts
Posted by

Hi, yes it really does help a lot.  We are quite near Portsmouth, though treatment is at Southampton. My husband is doing the man thing ie ignorong it completely but worrying inside.  Shame he has to have this biopsy as his throat is improving all the time - he now had 2 Weetabix, bacon and egg and toast for breakfast!

B

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Hi small world , you never know. Hopefully we can all meet up later in year,next time we are down.Tell hubby well done on bacon I struggle still with bacon ,toast eggs fine but bacon step too far ! It’s so strange how we are all different.

Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

chris2012
Posted by

Hi, madaboutmutts, Hope all goes well for Friday as you have been waiting a long time, its only natural to be nervous at this moment of time, keep up the positive vibes as they will help a lot, great help from Hazel as always. All the best and good luck.

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

madaboutmutts
Posted by

Thanks Chris

Your interest is much appreciated.

Going to he a long day as he is now on the afternoon list and its a 50 mile trip home.

We just want to get it done and know exactly where we are. I will keep you posted.

B

Beesuit
Posted by

hope all goes well. 
I had my post PET/CT biopsy after my throat had started to feel much better

Not having anything to go by but the scan( nothing visible) they took eight stabs at me with the biopsy needle 

Nevertheless, though I was sore for a few days after by a week it was all much better. 
Good luck

Dani
Squamous Cell Carcinoma base of tongue diagnosed September 2018. T2N0M0. 67Gy radiotherapy over six weeks December/January 2018/19
The blog is my personal cancer journey, warts and all. 

madaboutmutts
Posted by

Thanks Beesuit  -  everything is crossed! 

LindaWT
Posted by

Hope the biopsy went ahead today and that it went well.

Thinking of you both.

Linda