Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

CT scan ordered by condultant

tibbsy12
Posted by

Over past 7 years I have undergone a neck dissection on right side and had a further op to remove a cancerous growth from left side. In July this year I had my soft palate removed as the cancer had spread there. Luckily they think they have gotten rid of it but I have just received a letter asking me to go for a CT scan. Consultant didnt want to see me until Feb 2020. Am now worried about why they want this scan done. He didnt mention anything about a scan when I saw him on 31st Oct. Bit worried 

Beesuit
Posted by

Hi there tibbsy12

you could ring your consultant’s secretary and ask her to find out for you. It seems a bit remiss of your doc. It might be a routine CT scan of your chest which is what I had after treatment. It’s so easy to worry. I sometimes wonder why it is that some doctors don’t realise that if they spring stuff like this it just leads to endless worry. 

chris2012
Posted by

Good evening tibbsy , sorry to hear that you have had further surgery since you last posted, im sure they are doing this scan because of your history over the last 7 years. It took me 10 years to be told i was cancer-free, so let's hope this applies to you. Sometimes if you have a change of consultants they will maybe want to see an up to date scan. Fingers crossed for happy news, best wishes, take care.

Chris

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

tibbsy12
Posted by

Thanks Chris. Have an appointment thurs with restorative dentist so will ask to see consultants secretary to find out more info. Hope you are keeping as well as possible.

tibbsy12
Posted by

Thanks Beesuit. Good idea. Have an appointment with restorative dentist on thurs so will follow up then.