Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

flu jab

pixie76
Posted by

sorry i have another question... 

I'm going to get the flu jab before all treatment starts.

should the rest of my family get vaccinated too? 

My mother, who lives with us, is adamant she doesnt need it. 

chris2012
Posted by

Hi pixie76, you are doing the right thing by getting your flu jab, i had mine on Thursday, personally i think everyone should have one as it makes sense but it cannot be forced upon people. As long as you are covered that is the main issue as that's the last thing you want to have during the build-up to your treatment etc. I have sent you a friends request if you want to accept it's up to you. Im pleased you are asking questions as it all helps, no need to say sorry Take care.

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

Beesuit
Posted by

Hi Pixie

Yes go for it

I would kindly explain that you are going to need all the help and support you can get in your journey and that you will need your mum. I know how stubborn my mum was but if I put it that way she would have had it for me....just a thought ;)

pixie76
Posted by

I've tried and she swears she has already spoken to a dr. (doubt that very much) 

she lives with us too so if she gets ill... 

I think it's a loat cause to be honest. The rest of us will get done, I will call my gp monday and get an appointment.

Beesuit
Posted by

Good luck. 
some mothers eh?

mine used to sit tutting over the Daily Mail spread out over the table all day. It used to drive me mad! I’d give anything now to get mad again.