Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Radio Mask

Beesuit
Posted by

Who kept theirs?

i couldn’t wait to see the back of mine but I wish now I’d kept it

chris2012
Posted by

I kept mine Beesuit , its up in the loft somewhere

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

Totolemar
Posted by

Evening beesuit,

No way did I want it,appreciate the job it did but no I didn't want to take it home with me !

Martin
see you on the flipside
old biker
Posted by

I didn't  keep mine, I was very pleased at the job it had done, but was happy to see the back of it.

Beesuit
Posted by

I did see people walking out with them in black bin liners

There’s a chap who did a blog, till he got to the magic 5 years, who used to dress the mask up for Halloween 

I wish sometimes that I was blessed with that sort of sense of humour 

MikeO
Posted by

We have a cabin/summer house at the bottom of the garden with comfy chairs/cd player/heating etc where one or both of us can go and "chill". I wanted to keep my mask but my wife wouldn't have it in the house so we compromised and it's on the wall down there, sometimes "pimped" a bit.

What is a Community Champion?

Metastatic SCC of right medial piriform fossa plus four malignant lymph nodes diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014.

http://mike-oldfield.blogspot.co.uk/

Beesuit
Posted by

Mike he’s wonderful 

Sometimes we need an uplifting post or two

Thank you

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Hi deffo kept mine I gave her a name in first day Venezia the Italian name for Venice hime of the masked ball. Can’t you tell I was a travel agent in a previous life. .before I retired that is. 

She now hangs up in the garage Andy comes out for special,occasions ,well she was guest if honour at our ruby weeding part6 in June as without her I possibly wouldn’t be here now ! JJohn  the hubby says he is putting k e d light skin in her this Christmas  !

I decided from day one she was coming home with us. Wires or what .

Hazel xx

RadioactiveRaz