Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Partial jaw removal!

Jojo2210
Posted by

hi all, me again lol 

can I ask has anyone ever refused to have the 

partial jaw removal? My dads doing well at the moment and we know as soon as we get that hospital date for surgery it’s going to knock him back. And he’s asking now if he has to have it done! Any help needed and greately appreciated xx

TDN68
Posted by

Why do you ask the question?

chris2012
Posted by

Hello Jojo , nobody has to have any operation or treatment if they don't want it done , if he does not have it done what will the outcome and would the delay cause more problems down the line . Please discuss this with your dads consultant a.s.a.p. so he/she can sort this problem out . I do know of people who have had surgery but refused radiotherapy after but never heard of the result of not having it done. Could I please ask the age of your dad as im sure they would not do this if they thought it would make matters worse but I don't know the full story and your dads history and I think you have the right to question or get more professional advice from his consultant .Good luck , take care . 

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more