Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Another bleed!

amuawad1
Posted by

Mum was diagnosed with scc 5 years ago and had a rhinectomy. Was good for a few years but has now been experiencing occasional bleeds with no pain or lumps. Last bleed happened 30 mins ago. It wasn’t constant and was cleaned up quickly.Took 2 tissues to dry it completely. Been to see oncologist numerous amounts of times who says there is nothing to worry about. Am worried in case her stitches are going to burst. Is this familiar to anyone who’s been in this position?

chris2012
Posted by

Hi amuawad , I don't really know anything about rhinectomies so cannot really comment . I once had a wound that kept bleeding so they quarterized it  but not sure if they can do it if stitches are still in . Sorry I cannot give more information , all the best ,take care .

Chris 

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more