Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Breathing difficulties tumour swelling around wind pipe

puddle fish
Posted by

Dear All, 

unfortunately my husbands  tumour growth is carrying on, it started to impede his breathing at first we thought it was due to a chest infection which was treated. Symptoms carried on deteriorating and a hospice nurse arranged transport to the hospice for symptom relief. He is being well looked after,  the swelling has been managed by steroids and pain managed by a syringe pump. They are still treating a few other problems mainly trying to get a balance between too much secreations or secreations that are to sticky. I stayed with him for the first night and we spend a lot of time there as a family it's not like a hospital just in case anyone else is worried about this stage. 

Hydetribe
Posted by

So sorry to hear this, hope they manage to make him more comfortable 

chris2012
Posted by

So sorry to hear this puddle fish , im pleased he is being well looked after . These hospices are a lot different to hospital as you are finding out and will do their upmost to look after him and  your family . Thanks for keeping us updated and best wishes to you and your husband . Take care .

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

old biker
Posted by

Best wishes to you both.

Regards Ray.

Alichapp
Posted by

Puddle fish, it is so thoughtful of you to share this information when you must be going through a tough time. Will be thinking about you a lot; I do hope they can continue to keep him comfortable in a situation where it is easy for you to visit.

MikeO
Posted by

Heart is with you, don't know what else to say (but I'll try).

So much on here is positive ultimately that when a case like your's comes along it's a kick in the teeth and a reminder how lucky most of us are. Sending much love and a big hug to you puddle fish, try to make memories however minor when you can and enjoy your time together as a family xx.

What is a Community Champion?

Metastatic SCC of right medial piriform fossa plus four malignant lymph nodes diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014.

http://mike-oldfield.blogspot.co.uk/

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Dear Puddlefish

my thoughts are with yiu and your family,keep making memories.

sending hugs

Hazel xx

RadioactiveRaz 

puddle fish
Posted by

He died peacefully  this morning a bit sooner than we had anticipated but just like him on his terms, when he felt the time was right. 

LindaWT
Posted by

Oh puddle fish.  I'm so sorry.

Linda x

MikeO
Posted by

So glad it was peaceful but so sorry for your loss puddle fish. It's our youngest son's 23rd birthday today and he's flying out tomorrow to join us for our last week in Greece. I'll reflect on this on 11th June every year, he's not gone while people remember him, never forget that.

What is a Community Champion?

Metastatic SCC of right medial piriform fossa plus four malignant lymph nodes diagnosed 8th October 2013. Modified radical neck dissection November, thirty-five radiotherapy fractions with 2xCisplatin chemo Jan/Feb 2014.

http://mike-oldfield.blogspot.co.uk/

missFitz
Posted by

I’m so sorry to read your post. Sending you my best wishes at this sad time 

My thoughts are with you 

Carrie x

Carrie 

Margaret853
Posted by

Dear puddle fish

So sorry to hear your sad news, my condolences to you.  

Love from Margaret

"Life might not be the party we were expecting but while we are here we should dance."

Ww123
Posted by

So very sorry to hear about your husband ..thinking of you and your family ...my husband is to go into hospice as well for pain management x

Alichapp
Posted by

Dear Puddle Fish

What can I say? You must be in such a difficult place right now. I hope you can feel all the love from me and others on the forum. And I hope you have good memories even from the last days. Your love must have been a great strength to your husband. All the very best for the next weeks and months.

old biker
Posted by

Hello Puddle fish, I am so sorry to read of your husbands passing. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Kind regards Ray.