Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Scan Results

PathHill
Posted by

Hi all. 

I’m just back from the clinic where the doctor told me that the CT scan taken 19 days ago shows no signs of cancer. Of course I’m absolutely delighted that all the heartache and pain over the last 7 months has been worthwhile. I’ll be monitored fur the nextv5 years but it’s looking good. 

For those of you just starting out on this journey, keep positive. Cancer can be beaten. 

Now if only my taste buds were back to normal so I could celebrate with some alcohol. Can’t have everything I guess so it will have to be a cup of tea - how British !

Gareth
Hydetribe
Posted by

That’s fantastic Gareth, congratulations.  It’s a long slog but worth it to get that news - time to get on with the rest of your life 

sheilagh 

Margaret853
Posted by

Great news Gareth.  I'm so pleased for you. 

Margaret x

"Life might not be the party we were expecting but while we are here we should dance."

RadioactiveRaz
Posted by

Hi congratulations,alchol so overacted anyway. Lol. I am 9 month post radiotherapy for tonsil cancer ,was never a big drinker and last drink was April 2018 prior to diagnosis. To be honest the mere thought of alchol in my mouth gives me the shivers .i am still suffering dry mouth and limited saliva and alchol would onky dry it more.  So enjoy your cuppa am doing the same with a cup of peppermint tea. Enjoy he feeling that upyiuve kicked cancers butt .

best wishes

Hazel

RadioactiveRaz 

chris2012
Posted by

Brilliant news Gareth, onwards and upwards . All the best , no sugar in mine

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more