Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Life insurance

shirley53
Posted by

Hi can anyone please help with information about a life insurance that may cover someone who’s had throat cancer please, much obliged if you can.

Shirley.
Margaret853
Posted by

Hi shirley53

Probably the best people to help you are the advisors on the Macmillan helpline.  Don't think they work weekends but there would be someone there tomorrow.  I've rung them a few times myself with financial queries and they have always been very helpful.

There are a few adverts in my newspapers today from companies who say they do not check your medical history so hopefully you will be able to find a suitable policy somewhere.

Best wishes x

"Life might not be the party we were expecting but while we are here we should dance."

shirley53
Posted by

Thank you Margaret.

Shirley.
chris2012
Posted by

Hi Shirley , good advice from Margaret, before I had cancer I had life insurance but to keep costs down it was not for critical or terminal illness , big mistake as I could not claim , they would not offer me cover for critical or terminal so I just let the policy run out a year later and since then I have had no life insurance ,my choice though . The premiums will be quite high Shirley unless Macmillan can recommend one . Good luck and please let us know the outcome if you like .Best wishes .

Chris x

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it !                Click here to find out more

Donna2019
Posted by

Hi, did you manage to sort out Life insurance. I’m having trouble trying to find a company that’s not too expensive?

shirley53
Posted by

Hi Donna sorry but no joy the only ones I could get was the sun life no questions asked but you get almost nothing back, so I decided to put money away into an account each month instead,but good luck with your search and hopefully you might find something.

Shirley.