Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

proton pump inhibitors

JosieFromGlastonbury

Some of you may have read my posts on acid reflux, and its management.  I know that this is a tricky subject for H&N patients, because the treatment causes the stomach acid balance to be upset and leads to heartburn (acid reflux) and associated problems that the medical profession never seem to warn us about.

The usual response seems to be to suggest that we take proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) such as omeprazole or lansoprazole, but this comes with a whole new bunch of problems that we are left to find out for ourselves.

I have just been sent a link to a very informative article that explains the problems that PPIs cause, and suggests some ways round them.

https://chriskresser.com/the-dangers-of-proton-pump-inhibitors/?fbclid=IwAR1jIvEiqNhj_06yE3sj_L3sTn59pSlk4tOXHtPG6CEncc2KO9OosoNuI-A

Hope this is helpful,

Josie