Head and neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

* aghhh my 3rd attempt at posting. Had my nasal septum removed through Squamous cell carcinoma Any help Please.

Sam63
Posted by

Sam63

About Me
Hia all, Thankyou for accepting me on here, I don’t know if I’m in the right place as I don’t really know how to get around these types of sites. But here goes In mid October I had a operation to take out my nasal septum through Squamous cell carcinoma Devastated as I might look big & tough but I’m the worlds biggest worrier. In late November I was back at my local hospital where my surgeon said that I had clear margins but needed to go back in 6 weeks hmm great. By accident but more really my worrying a cancer nurse told me that I had some Dysplasia in the top of my right nostril near where the cancer had been, & off course after going on Dr Google I have the proverbial black cloud over me to the point I’ve been sick & cannot sleep. Can anyone tell me more accurately what this means as I’ve taken it as bad & could do with some reality as I’ve read that much I don’t know wether I’m coming or going.
Im a 63 going on 64 male & im due back the first week of February which will be 6 weeks again, I have another question I have dropped the Propranolol a Beta Blocker as I found I could not sleep properly but I’ve now gone onto Citalopram a anti depressant I have been taking this for 10 days with horrible side effects not sleeping “again” have I done right making this move.
im sorry to be a whimp as I know there are people that are worse condition than me so please forgive me being the worrier.
Any help would be appreciated on the things I’ve mentioned as I realise my family & friends don’t know what to say to me “they wouldn’t would they” 
Thankyou for reading
Horace the wimp

Sami