Head & neck cancer

A place for people affected by head and neck cancers, including oral, throat , larynx (voice box), salivary glands, middle ear, and sinus and nasopharyngeal cancer. Support one another, ask questions, and share experiences.

Am I a pest?

sailcol
Posted by

I am 11 months post surgery for removal of neck mass, lymph nodes and tonsil. 8 months post chemo and radio therapy.

I have since had scans for new lumps on my rib, larynx, and swelling on spine, all proved non cancerous.

I have now had a localised headache on the same side for 7 weeks, which is starting to bug me somewhat. I have asked the ENT nurse if this is something they see after treatment but she says not and I should see my GP.

I have, and he recommends a scan considering my history.

I just feel like a pest as I am working normally and getting on with everything. Is there anyone who has suffered the same headache so I feel re assured to cancel scan and hope it goes before my next appointment in 5 weeks . 

MikeO
Posted by

No I never suffered from headaches (the odd migraine apart but that's been with me for ever) and no you're not a pest!

If your GP thinks you should have a scan then I'd certainly say go and have one.

MamiSkilts
Posted by

Absolutely not a pest. Better to get it checked and cleared. 

All the best and let us know how you get on. 

Sarah x