Finished week 3

• 44 replies
  • 31 subscribers

Hi all,

just finished week 1. Yuppie Smiley 

it was interesting week as i had chemo first day, as you know. All was good, but today i am tired and salty taste in the mouth Confounded not nice, but thats part of the journey Wink 

spoke to my nurse and i find out how my haemoglobin dropped after my chemo, and have to check my blood again as next Tue seeing oncologist. 
she said is quit often happening, but bot straight away. Anyway, otherwise-i am tired, but ok.

if you have any tip pls share Pray 

love to all,

marta x

• Hi Marta well done in weekm1 as for salty taste sorry there’s not a lot yiu can do yiu may find next taste is either metallic or cardboard or even both. you  can rinse with a saline and baking powder mouthwash. One litre of water 1 teaspoon of salt and z1/2 teaspoon baking powder that can neutralise your ph levels in mouth. Try flat Diet Coke diet ginger ale or soda water. It’s rial and error for all. We all have regular boood checks to make sure our levels are ok. 
    chill out this weekend don’t iver do anythjng.  Radiotherapy can be debilitating. 
    Hugs Hazel x

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Thanks my friend Two hearts will do 

• Yes, Marta! One down....

Keep up your positivity, relax all weekend, maybe watch some nostalgic films or some comedy...  I can't comment on the taste issue as I haven't experienced it (yet!) but as long as you eat something/ anything even if it all tastes the same - food is fuel after all Slight smile

Helen x

• Well done marta. I will be starting the radio soon at RMH. Have my mask fitting on Monday. 

• Oh! Good luck Wink no stress

are you in Sutton? 
    thanks Blush good luck to you too x

• Thanks Helen, so true even i am not myself as my red blood cells dropped so feeling bit funny and tired Sleeping next Monday will need to check it all. 
    you are starting too next Monday?

good luck Wink 

• Yes local to sutton, in wallington. Posts from you and everyone else a bit ahead on the journey are assuring and also helpful to know to we are not alone. :) 

• Hi Heinze welcome to the group. Stick around and let us know how you get on. Good to know you have company in Marta if you know what I mean. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Heinze welcome from me. It’s hard but if I can do it a anyone can Take it one day at a time many questions just ask one of us will always get back to you. 
    Hazel 

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hi Marta - look after yourself! I start on Monday 27th June, so one more week to go!

Helen x