Blisters

• 4 replies
  • 126 subscribers

Just a quick question, do you still put moisturizer on your neck when it's blistering?

• Hi again. Ask your RT for something. The usual stuff they give out is Flamigel and Flamazine AFTER the RT stops.

My skin just got pretty red and flaky but never broke so I continued to use my Cetraben and Aveeno moisturisers. If it's broken I wouldn't put any moisturiser on it till you talk to your team. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • HinDont put anything  until you see team in i blistered and my skin wept pretty badly I was given a polymem bandage to use day and night,and during the actual radiotherapy my neck was wrapped I. Hospital grade cling film. When treatment finished it took 3 weeks or so to heal and since then I’ve had no issues. I do use factor 50 every day in my neck area.

Please ask your team on Monday plus avoid using anything perfumed in the shower or bath I used simple bath products if any at all

Hazel

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Absolutely the same advice as Dani and Hazel. I was on Flamigel but as soon as it blistered…I had the polymem dressings round the neck area which really did the trick and saved from infection etc