Result day tomorrow

• 13 replies
  • 71 subscribers

I had my 3 month scan in December. Tomorrow I am expecting the results at my monthly meeting. I had an operation in June, followed by Radiotherapy. They always said the Radiotherapy was to prevent the Cancer from returning. I never really knew whether this was just what they always said to patients. They never said it was to get rid of any remaining cancer. I guess I'm just getting nervous. What have other people been told before results?

• Hi Rossi5000

I'm assuming the surgery you refer to was a neck dissection?

The idea of the radiotherapy is to destroy the cancer cells in that area.

Good luck with your meeting tomorrow - fingers crossed it's good news.

Linda x

• Hi Rossi. Hope you are feeling much better than when you were last here. 
    Four months on is quite a milestone for all of us and a time when we are just beginning to feel more human than we have for a while. 
    I’m not surprised you are nervous it’s only natural. 
    The answer to your question about the radiotherapy is both. 
    It’s to get any stray cancer cells not removed by surgery thereby preventing the cancer returning. 
    I was told Radical Radiotherapy was curative. End of. 
    I had no nodal spread on CT or MRI or US but had my lymph nodes irradiated anyway. 
    I’m 2 years in remission. 
    Best of luck with your scan results. 
    Pop on tomorrow to share your good news. 

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Good luck for tomorrow like the others have said the radiotherapy is to get rid of any stray teeny cells that might have hung around. Usually the wording you get at results is complete metabolic response to treatment. The words all clear aren’t given 

look forward to your update 

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Hi. Thanks. I'm sure it will be fine.

• Hi Dani. Yes, I'm feeling way better than a couple of weeks ago. Thank you for the information.I will update tomorrow. 

• Hi Dani. Well, today was a good day. I saw one of the surgeons who operated and was a great comfort on his ward visits. He didn't use technical words, but the scan did not pick up any signs of Cancer in my mouth, tongues or lymph nodes. He stressed, this is the first step and to keep doing the right things. Continuing with monthly check ups plus consultations with speech, dietician and others will continue. So I'm relieved. It's been a long year, but it's nice to have some good news and. I hope it helps people who are at the start of this journey.

• Great news onwards and upwards from here. Yes just keep following bathe rules you’ll get there 

Hazel xx

Hazel aka RadioactiveRaz 

My blog is www.radioactiveraz.wordpress.com  HPV 16+ tonsil cancer Now 5 years  post treatment. 35 radiotherapy 2 chemo T2N2NM.Happily getting on with living always happy to help  

• Wonderful. All you can do is keep well and keep healing. One day at a time, a week at a time, a month at a time then suddenly a year has gone and you are well recovered and well on the way. So pleased for you xx

Dani 

Base of tongue cancer. T2N0M0 6 weeks Radiotherapy finished January 2019

I wrote a blog about my cancer. just click on the link below 

https://todaymycoffeetasteslikechristmasincostarica.com 

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

Community Champion badge
  • Great news Rossi, im pleased it explained it in normal and not technical words as i think thats what frightens people and they feel the need to look up the meanings. Im sure you will be well looked after with your follow up appointments, please feel free to post if you have any questions or need advice , wishing you all the best during your recovery period, take care.

Chris 

Its sometimes not easy but its worth it ! 

Community Champion Badge