Gullet (oesophagus) cancer

A support group for anyone affected by gullet cancer (also known as oesophageal cancer) to come together, share experiences and ask questions.

Can anybody see my old thread?

emmat (emx)
Posted by

I was hoping one of you may have seen my old thread? New(dad has oesophegus cancer) I have recieved a few messages asking where it has gone but I cannot fing it either?

Any help would be great.

Keep strong X

crystalclear
Posted by

Hi Emma, I've scoured this web site looking for all oesophageal threads, I've even gone through page by page and didn't see yours at all I'm afraid.  You could ask Admin to see if they can restore it on the Forums with all the other threads.

If you read on my post below this one about Discussions in thr Group I've come up with an idea as to how best we all might get the most benefit out of this group.  You would be ideal in starting up and maintaining one of the Discussions.  Anyway, have a read and post a reply to it, so I can see what you think. Love Crystal xx

emmat (emx)
Posted by

Hi Crystal, I have checked everywhere too. It may be that the amount of content has stopped them from moving it over?

I don't know if I want to get it bought over as maybe it's time for a new thread to help people as there was so much content people could'nt read back through unless they had a few months to read it.

I am happy to help with advice etc.. but you know how negative I am.

Thanks Crystal. Emx

FridaysChild
Posted by

Hi Emma and Crystal,

that's why I joined this group, to see if I could locate your thread Em. I understand what you're saying about it being difficult to read back on, but I found it invaluable last year, and yep, I did slowly read the whole thing.

Do you mind if I contact admin to find out what's happened to it?

Hope both of you are ok, it's lovely to finally start finding the people who have been important to me.

Liz xxx

crystalclear
Posted by

(((((Liz)))))

You’re more than welcome to join this group and I’m so happy to see you here. How are you doing?  Please join in any time you feel like as I feel you belong here. Maybe you could start another Discussion here along the lines of 'My experience of Cancer' and then maybe Emma, Paula and others could join in?  Crystal xx

Hi Emma, as Liz says, if you ask Admin they can very often retrieve the old thread for you, so just drop them a line as it’s important for people to be able to read through your thread.  And you too please join in here any time at all as your experience is valuable to everyone.  Crystal xx

leisha
Posted by

Hi Liz, Cant find you to message to  directly but i have started a thread titled My experiences with cancer. i dont mean to tread on your toes, I really hope I havent upset you! Please dont take offence. I hope we can post and I can get to know your situation and support each other on a discussion or the sofa, love leisha

FridaysChild
Posted by

Hi Crystal and Leisha,

thanks for the replies, and Leisha you aren't stepping on any toes, don't worry! Sorry for not replying before, I'm still working out how to get around the site, though todays improvements are good, I can see things a bit easier - categories of forums etc.

I'll ask admin if they can restore the old thread, if Emma doesn't mind, coz there's lots of stuff that's important to me on there, and it could help someone, but I'm more than happy to contribute here if you think I could be of use.

Thanks again xxx

emmat (emx)
Posted by

I don't mind at all Crystal I know many people would like to be able to look through the thread.

X

P.S I think your doing a great job at making a real community on this new thread well done you X

crystalclear
Posted by

Thanks Emma, join in at any time.  xx

GillR6
Posted by

Emma

Have only just managed to get myself onto this new forum. Did you get an answer about your old thread? I also think it was invaluable and had been going back occasionally to read more.  Though my concerns now are for my Dad who seems to be coping so well that I fear he is doing a cover up job! Probably learnt that one from Mum too!

Gill