Gullet (oesophagus) cancer

A support group for anyone affected by gullet cancer (also known as oesophageal cancer) to come together, share experiences and ask questions.

Immunotheraly

JuanK1ng
Posted by

I have been diagnosed with oesophageal junction Adenocarcinoma in August, it's T4 N3 M1 (lymph nodes) inoperable and on palliative care, I'm getting a trial of Nivolumab (Opdivo) alongside CAPOX chemo up to now I've had no issues at all with side effects I have had 4 rounds of treatment, I'm 54 and quite young for this cancer. This time I have had my fifth round postponed for a poor platelet count, also I had a rough Christmas with real bad nausia and more than usual swallowing difficulty, and peripheral neuropathy, the doc said that my tumour although the same size has probably shrunk and is inflamed as I have had black / green poop I think this along with the low platelets suggests the tumour is under attack from the immunotherapy after reading a few posts on the Bristol squibb site (trial drug company) I can only suggest if you have this cancer ask about trials I am quite hopeful of a positive outcome for me, as is my Consultant. Also the use of probiotics (kefir) is essential for success with immunotherapy, that's why they need a sample of your poo to examine, just as an aside low and zero fat probiotics DO NOT Work they need the fat to survive all the way to the gut so yakult and low fat activia are pointless. I get the tesco kefir in the polish section it's £1.45 a litre not nearly £3.00 for 500ml like the expensive ones and tastes just as good in a smoothie with fruit. 

JuanK1ng
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I didn't have the same type of cancer as you but I just wanted to take the opportunity of welcoming you. I'm sure you'll find the member's of this group very informative and it's great that you're sharing your experiences here.

Wishing you all the best 

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?