We understand that people with cancer are worried about coronavirus. Here is the latest guidance. We will update it regularly.

Gullet (oesophagus) cancer

A support group for anyone affected by gullet cancer (also known as oesophageal cancer) to come together, share experiences and ask questions.

Told today 12 months if my body can take chemo

ekingfife
Posted by

What a brill rant. During my encounter with C, I leaned heavily on faith in a higher being to protect me and frequently I hid under the shadow of its wings during and after the surgery and chemo. Onwards into 2020 and beyond. 

Mybear
Posted by

Hi Alan 

How are you?

Hubby had an update today cancer has spread into the bones and lungs. 

So from 18th Dec gone from two cancer to palliative chemo and a stent fitted today so he can keep eating and drinking. 

We have to decide when we tell the kids x

Chuddy
Posted by

That is really bad news and made worse if you have children, life can be so cruel.

I was first diagnosed 5th December after a endoscopy, so I am new to this evil cancer or at least knowing I have it.in the last five weeks I have gone from trouble swallowing to constant blood in the mouth, that I thought was an ulcer to being refused any treatment being told my cancer is very aggressive oesophagus cancer with secondary liver that's now spread to my intestine and given twelve months of life, I am terminal and started palative care with my local hospice that is 14 miles away - it has been a whirlwind and living alone has not helped, the speed of how my life has changed is hard for me to accept, but accept I must.

I have been offered a stent but have not yet accepted, I do realise I will have to accept very soon.

Please  accept my sincerest best wishes to your husband and of course yourself.

I mainly now post in Living with incurable cancer - incurable patients only.

You may find talking with others like us is an advantage, I have found it so, we are all in the same boat and the person's there are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Regards Alan 

When all the tree's have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the waters are polluted, when the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will you discover You cannot eat money.
ppsmp
Posted by

Hi Mybear,

so so sorry to hear about your husband. My mum was diagnosed with bone mets in October. Stent fitted soon after. Has your husband been given a start date for chemo?

x