Gullet (oesophagus) cancer

A support group for anyone affected by gullet cancer (also known as oesophageal cancer) to come together, share experiences and ask questions.

Chemo starts tomorrow.

ukjazzer
Posted by

Hi all. My chemo starts tomorrow. 8 weeks. 4 sessions. FLOT chemo which I believe is pretty good. Gold standard treatment . Operation planned 13th feb. Not easy but getting there. Regards chris

BrentS
Posted by

Go Chris!

Counting the days, making every day count.

Brent

Squire78
Posted by

Hope today went well for you Chris and good luck with the rest of the treatment!

ukjazzer
Posted by

It went well. Feel a bit rough today. Got a bottle attached to me which comes off later  regards Chris 

ukjazzer
Posted by

It went well. Feel a bit rough today. Got a bottle attached to me which comes off today. Regards chris

DRM
Posted by

Hi Chris

How are you doing after your first FLOT session? I've had 3 sessions so far and have done really well on it with barely no side effects at all. I've been going to work as normal and pretty much living my day to day life as I would anyway. No sickness or anything. 

Hopefully my last session next week will be the same. 

Hope you are doing well too.

Deb

ukjazzer
Posted by

Did you lose your hair  ?

DRM
Posted by

After 2nd session it started to come out a bit so I shaved it all off as I couldn't be bothered with it or the constant malting!