Gullet (oesophagus) cancer

A support group for anyone affected by gullet cancer (also known as oesophageal cancer) to come together, share experiences and ask questions.

Can chemo actually shrink a tumour.?

velvet
Posted by

HI Chris,

I sent you a pm

Nett

Nett

ukjazzer
Posted by

Where is the pm you sent me ?

ukjazzer
Posted by

Where is the pm  ?

Luv Chox
Posted by

Hi Chris,  have you received any pm yet?

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention
ukjazzer
Posted by

no

Dreamthief
Posted by

Hi,

I think there may be a glitch with PM's as I was expecting one yesterday as well.

I have mentioned it to admin and asked if this can be checked out, but we won't probably get an answer until the Tech Team have had a look Monday :-/

This problem may be rectified using the new Notifications Widget - Further Info here.

Thanks for raising the issue, G n' J

DRM
Posted by

I've had 3 sessions of FLOT chemo so far and can definitely tell the difference in my swallowing now .I was having some difficulties before the chemo with certain foods but now I don't have any problems with anything, which is great but obviously that's not what the chemo's for anyway so it's just a bit of a bonus in my eyes.

My mindset is that if the chemo is shrinking the tumour then it's got to be killing off any other rogue cells which could be lying about undetected which could cause the cancer to come back again later, which is the whole purpose of the chemo in the first place. 

ukjazzer
Posted by

Nice response. Cheers.