Gullet (oesophagus) cancer

A support group for anyone affected by gullet cancer (also known as oesophageal cancer) to come together, share experiences and ask questions.

Worried

markyrandy
Posted by

Hi went to hospital yesterday and had endoscopy and they found lump just above gullet was hoping for some advice worried sick thanks everyone 

mark

BrentS
Posted by

Hi

i think most of us on this site were given any bad news at the time of the endoscopy. 

So while I can’t say you are out of the woods I think if it was possibly a malignant lump they would have told you. 

However we we all know how difficult it is waiting for results. So you have a whole bunch of people here who understand what you are going though. 

Keep posting and you will get reassurance whatever the need. 

Counting the days, making every day count.

Brent

markyrandy
Posted by

Hi brent

thanks for reassuring words they took sample for biopsy so just waiting 

Zappaman
Posted by

Hi Mark, like Brent said i was told within 45 minutes of the endoscopy that I had a tumour. The waiting is horrible but try to be positive it really does help. Good luck and kind regards Frank.

ChrisW5
Posted by

Hi Mark,

Like Brent, I was told almost immediately. I'd gone in for a endoscopy to see if there was a cause for my mild anaemia. After doing the endoscopy and taking biopsies the doctor asked me to wait around for a chat, I was then taken into a side room and given the bad news that they suspected I had cancer.

It's incredibly difficult waiting for the biopsy result. I found all I could do was to do my best to remain busy and focused on other things in my life. Good luck. 

Kind regards,

Chris