Gullet (oesophagus) cancer

A support group for anyone affected by gullet cancer (also known as oesophageal cancer) to come together, share experiences and ask questions.

My lovely Dad has gone

Amy1304
Posted by

Sadly on Tuesday my lovely brave dad passed away. 3 weeks after going to the hospice his breathing started to worsen and on Sunday morning became very poorly. He gave up a good fight but in the end it was all too much for him. I can’t say he slipped away peacefully but he was sedated and hopefully didn’t know a thing. We’ve been back to the hospice today to pick up the certificate and then the funeral plans will start tomorrow. We’ve had 11 months to deal with this reality but it doesn’t make it any easier - as a family we are devastated- he was an amazing man and everyone has said what a “top bloke” he was. One in a million . 

Thank you for all your words of wisdom throughout this journey, I wish you all the very best.

Amy 

Poppy4
Posted by

So sorry to read this. It's going to take time to grieve for your lovely dad so take care of yourself too xx

Zappaman
Posted by

Amy, I am so sorry to hear about your dad my thoughts are with you. They say time is a great healer and I have lost loved ones over the years. Things do get better eventually and happy memories help. I hope you find peace, kind regards Frank.

Dawny1
Posted by

Hi Amy, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your daddy, I don’t post much on here but I have been following your story on here as our situations have been similar.

I lost my own lovely daddy 2 weeks ago today to this brutal disease, he was 67 years old. The grief is unbearable but I take comfort in the fact that he is at peace now, and that he was and is loved by so many. I hope that you are able to do this in the days ahead too.

All my love

Dawn xx

duggies-girl
Posted by

So very sorry Amy1304  I have followed your posts and am saddened that your dad has gone far too soon.  You have been a wonderful daughter and I am sure that your dad would have said that you are 'One in a million"

Take care and be kind to yourself during this difficult time.  Wishing you all the best.

Amyc99
Posted by

From one devastated daughter to another, I feel your pain. I lost my hero aged 58, 6 months ago. I miss him more and more every single day. I have no great advice other than surround yourself with people who love you and try and be kind to yourself. All the advice I ever gave any one in this situation means nothing now I am experiencing it myself. It’s a horrible time and the different stages of grief can take your breath away. I still keep thinking he’s going to walk through the door. It’s surreal. 

Sending love and strength xxxx

Bird sung
Posted by

May his soul rest in peace ! Please take care yourself !