Stage 3 diagnosis and currently on FLOT

• 1 reply
  • 63 subscribers

Hi

i have just joined the group while in my 2nd round of FLOT chemo for stage 3 cancer. 

I am wondering if anyone has some good tips for what to drink in the days after the chemo as everything I try just tastes bad including water. 

I am also finding my hair is thinning but not yet fallen out, I wonder if anyone else has timescales for when it happened? My scalp is tingling but has been for a few days.  

thank you 

• Hi JacPop…..So sorry to hear about your altered taste…must be so unpleasant….my husband has OC and is today attending his 3rd round of FLOT….his taste hasnt been affected but he has lost most of his hair now.  This started after round two….but it has happened gradually over the two weeks…he was dreading having showers and getting out but leaving his hair in there!  But it hasnt been that drastic….and he did have quite alot of fairly thick hair.  In fact he has been quite lucky with minor side effects…tiredness, loss of appetite in the first week…but improving lots in the second week.  Good luck on your journey…you,ll get there!