Oesophageal cancer treatment not working

• 12 replies
  • 40 subscribers

Hi

i have stage 4 oesophageal cancer and am currently being treated with Oxaliplatin and Capecitabine which have caused me to have some of the side affects associated with this treatment . I did have a break from treatment due to having a stent fitted and was poorly after my next lot of chemo which I think was due to having chemo to soon after having a stent fitted. I have spoken with my consultant today and he as told me the treatment is not working. I told the consultant that at 55 yrs old I am not yet ready to throw the towel in . The consultant did say I could carry on with treatment but it would be a lot harsher than my previous treatment. I was wondering if there is anybody in the group who is having any additional treatment as well as Oxaliplatin and Capacitabine.

Max

• Hi Maxine

I'm glad your oncologist has come up with an alternative treatment for you. It sounds tough, but you are right not to give up while ever there is hope.

We are waiting now for my hubby's scan result. It feels very scary to have to wait it out like this, but I guess it is in the lap of the gods. The fighting is proactive, you strain every sinew, you focus on beating the enemy. The waiting poses a different sort of threat altogether. It tests you to the limit.

Thinking of you on your onward journey. Let us know how you go.

All the best.

M