Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour

Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) is a type of brain tumour. If you're suffering from glioblastoma multiforme, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Trials using the DON antibiotic with keto diet

Kkeith
Posted by

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/05/190530154220.htm

Anyone know of any?

Its a May 2019 trial results featured

See also

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2015/690492/

Regards

Kkeith

Kkeith
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and a second welcome to the online community

I don't have any personal experience with these trials but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies. I don't know whether you've seen it but you have had a reply to your post on this topic in the brain tumours group. If you haven't seen it clicking here will take you directly to it.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Kkeith
Posted by

Thanks Latchbrrok.

Ive sent a reply to the mail that was sent.

The big query is having demo strated that the hard to kill gliablastoma cells are killed and affected by DON on mice how do I get the oncologist to prescribe the drug.

Fof anyone interested see the following re DON (6-diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine)

Cancer-fighting combination targets glioblastoma

Date:May 30, 2019Source:Boston CollegeSummary:An international team of researchers combined a calorie-restricted diet high in fat and low in carbohydrates with a tumor-inhibiting antibiotic and found the combination destroys cancer stem cells and mesenchymal cells, the two major cells found in glioblastoma, a fast-moving brain cancer that resists traditional treatment protocols.

www.sciencedaily.com/.../190530154220.htm

We're not “DON” yet: optimal dosing and prodrug delivery of 6-Diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine

Kathryn M Lemberg, James J Vornov, Rana Rais, Barbara S Slusher

Molecular cancer therapeutics 17 (9), 1824-1832, 2018

scholar.google.co.uk/scholar

Bioanalysis of 6-diazo-5-oxo-l-norleucine in plasma and brain by ultra-performance liquid chromatography mass spectrometry

Jesse Alt, Michelle C Potter, Camilo Rojas, Barbara S Slusher

Analytical biochemistry 474, 28-34, 2015

Reviving lonidamine and 6-diazo-5-oxo-L-norleucine to be used in combination for metabolic cancer therapy

Diana Cervantes-Madrid, Yair Romero, Alfonso Dueñas-González

BioMed research international 2015, 2015

Kkeith
latchbrook
Posted by

Hi

Can you make an appointment with your oncologist and ask him whether this treatment is available?

Wishing you all the best 

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?

Kkeith
Posted by

Ive sent him the articals so we shall see.

Thanks latchbrook

Kkeith