Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour

Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) is a type of brain tumour. If you're suffering from glioblastoma multiforme, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Has anyone seen any improvement with Temozolomide

Bellisima19
Posted by

My wonderful friend has gbm4 is 3 days in to cemo. Left side very week after biopsy. Not really able to walk or stand. Is it likely to improve?

lthenderson
Posted by

Bellisima19,

Sorry to hear about your wonderful friend. Unfortunately it is impossible to say because everyone responds differently to treatment. Not only do they respond differently to the chemo but they respond differently due to tumor location. But in my experience, many symptoms do improve with time as the brain learns to rewire itself. This can take many months or even years to improve and sometimes even to the point that the symptom disappears entirely. My mother had two different surgeries in two different locations in her brain and both times, deficiencies noticed after the surgery improved with time. I hope your friend will see improvements in the future.

Best wishes

Aliciazoe
Posted by

For my mum unfortunately no.

it made her weaker and she suffered infection many times and missed 2 courses then she passed but her prognosis was poor to begin with although she also has surgery and radiotherapy. 

Wishing you luck