Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour

Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) is a type of brain tumour. If you're suffering from glioblastoma multiforme, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Eyesight problems

Smallp02
Posted by

I was diagnosed in feb 2018.. had a debulk March 2018 followed by dual chemo/radio and since then a further sessions of chemo...

I have also developed steroid induced diabetes for wh8ch I am closely monitored and take meds... howeerone of my main aide effects is my eyesight... it Has become sooooo blurry.. variies dsty to day and I mention it st every Incology appt but told it's s combination of build up of treatment, steroids etc.. 

My diabetes eye screen was absolutely fine..

Has anyone ekse experienced this please as it can be quite scary???

X

Paula x

pharvey47
Posted by

My mam was diagnosed the same time as you and is suffering dreadfully with her sight - we also mention it at every appointment and we have been told similar things to you

we have a appointment on New Year’s Eve and I’m going to mention it again as it’s causing Mam lots of problems

i will post on here if I get any “better” answers

take care xx

claire

Smallp02
Posted by

Thank you..  Will be good for us to compare answers.. 

I am back mid Jan So Will let you know what they say if anything different.. (doubtful to be hobest)!

Xx

Paula x

pharvey47
Posted by

We were told yesterday that mam swelling has increased from minor to moderate, that s not helping the vision at all , combined with “after effects” of treatment and steroids and also the part of the brain where the tumour was and still is

we are going to be put in touch with some people who have “tricks” to try and stop her bumping into things and to try and make things easier for her

hoping all goes well mid jan

xx

claire

Smallp02
Posted by

Hi Claire,

Thank you for letting me know..  and sorry to hear that.. oh was dreading that may be a response ...

I have my next MRI scan on 18th and am dreading same answer!!

How3ver I do hope that the "tricks" they are going to give mum will help..

I will let you know if u get anything too..

Bestceushes

Paula xx

Paula x

pharvey47
Posted by

Please let me know Paula I will be thinking of you xx

claire

Smallp02
Posted by

Thank you sooo mu h.

I will do xx

Paula x

Madesp
Posted by

Hi Smallp02

My loved one Gbm has affected eyesight but only after  surgery. The surgeon did  mention that there would be  left vision loss  bit DID NOT  mention  that there was possibility of being left with blurred vision.  This gets the sufferer down more than the vision loss of left field. (Haemanopic ).

Had perfect vision  before surgery. 

Some days blurrier than others and probably radiotherapy hasn't helped. 

Thought I would share this as just read about eyesight problems. 

Does anyone have a story where eyesight or blurry vision improved with time? X 

Mad 
tonga
Posted by

Hello,

My husband had an eye problem after surgery,he did not have radiotherapy and had perfect eyesight before surgery,I am pleased to say that it returned to normal after  a short time. I hope this gives you hope and helps.

Good wishes to you both. 

tonga
Posted by

Hello,

My husband had an eye problem after surgery,he did not have radiotherapy and had perfect eyesight before surgery,I am pleased to say that it returned to normal after  a short time. I hope this gives you hope and helps.

Good wishes to you both. 

Madesp
Posted by

Hi tonga  thanks for your reply. Can I just ask where the tumour is located?  My loved one is right occipital lobe so he lost  left vision  field .x

Mad 
tonga
Posted by

Hello, I am so sorry I have misunderstood your email, my husband's surgery was gullet oesophagus,but he still had the eye problem that he had never had before surgery and the surgeon could not offer any explanation for it.I hope I have not given you false hope and can only apologise for my stupidity.

Wishing you both well for the future.x