Glioblastoma multiforme brain tumour

Glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) is a type of brain tumour. If you're suffering from glioblastoma multiforme, or know someone who is, join this support group.

My gmb journey

Smallp02
Posted by

I had a few months Speech and Language Therapy which did help me w9rk on my processing and thinking.. in fact my therapist I have to says one of the best and most supportive professionals I have come across during this whole process!! We c9veered so much in our sessions.. I was sad when they 3ended!

And as for losing temper..  my moods and emotions are all over the place..  it's so so difficult isn't it as we know we are doing it but can't stop!!! Again my therapist and I and also my counsellor who I've recently started seeing via my hospice have also talked this over with me.. I know so much is frustration... and yes, my blurr3dd vision affects me so so much hence why I bring it up at every meeting...

I just want Wednesday here now so.mu know what's happening!!!

You take care and stay strong....and yes, definit3ly try the pineapple and if it works, try making I've cubes out of.pineapple juice too.

Speak soon I hope,

Paula x

Paula x

Colin33
Posted by

Hi guys,

I hope you are well, I’m feeling well in myself. 

Good news my MRI came back all clear, so I will have bloods done this week and then hopefully start Carboplatin the week after.

Mid June will also be 2 years from first diagnosis and I’m not going anywhere just yet and I will keep fighting it as much as I can. I have worked out my Spidey sense with my eyes. I pick things up really quickly that move and it only has to be the slightest movement, it wasn’t there before but it is now, still can’t see through walls though lol.

its good to read Paula that you have someone to talk to and sounds like it is really positive. I forgot to try the pineapple (bloody short term memory). I have written a note in my phone to try it.

Take care.

Colin

Get as much as you can out of life, as you don’t know what is around the corner 

Barriex
Posted by

Hi colin feeling good thanks and glad everything is going ok and you can continue your treatment.

I've just had my first year anniversary on the 18th. 

Get the spidey senses with eyes too flys etc catch my eyes. 

I'm listening to my body and I'm hoping to average 6000 steps a day this month. Only 50% of my pre OP average but all steps in the right direction.

Take care everyone.

We Are Warriors !! Never Give Up !! Stay strong !! Always Fight !! One day at a time !!

Barriex
Posted by

Hi colin feeling good thanks and glad everything is going ok and you can continue your treatment.

I've just had my first year anniversary on the 18th. 

Get the spidey senses with eyes too flys etc catch my eyes. 

I'm listening to my body and I'm hoping to average 6000 steps a day this month. Only 50% of my pre OP average but all steps in the right direction.

Take care everyone.

We Are Warriors !! Never Give Up !! Stay strong !! Always Fight !! One day at a time !!

Smallp02
Posted by

Hi guys..

Glad to hear all going well.

I too had a stable result from my MRI so now r3ducung my steroids with aim of being off them.completely we hope within next few weeks!! 

As for your spidey senses with your eyes.. I am a waiting hospital appt as TONALLY had my eyes tested on my to find high pressure and pupils dilated which they believe is causing my bkurr3d vision.. if can sort that I'll be a much happier person as then feel more confident going out alone!!

You guys stay strong and as you say keep up the fight xx

Paula x

Colin33
Posted by

Hi Guys,

i hope you are all doing well.

I started On Carboplatin last Friday and the process here in Australia is I have half an hr of anti nausea and then Carboplatin after that. The place that I had it done was like a hotel. They brought my wife and I food and drinks and even asked if I wanted a foot massage. At the moment I am coping really well and have no side effects at all. The treatments are four weeks apart so about another 3 weeks until the next one. It is also one week away from 2 years since my first seizure and knowing there was a tumour in my brain, so another milestone ticked off.

take care 

Colin

Get as much as you can out of life, as you don’t know what is around the corner 

Heathsad
Posted by

So glad you are doing so well Colin .

Brst wishes

Heather

susan68
Posted by

Hi Colin

I have just completed my 3rd cycle of Carboplatin without any side effects.  I have 3 consequetive days and then off for full 3 weeks.  Had an MRI  scan after the 2nd and not sure if it is working as they are just looking to contain cancer but a new small area has appeared so they are arranging for me to have another one soon as was hoping to go on holiday abroad next month. Can't say Edinburgh Western is like a hotel but the staff are lovely and they do come round with tea/coffee and biscuits and at lunch mugs of soup and sandwiches. Best of luck

Susan 

Susan
 (GBM4 since March 2013)