GMB

• 3 replies
  • 25 subscribers

Hi, My dad was diagnosed 2months ago with 3 brain tumours, this came to light after we noticed a change in his personality and speach. We have been told it is terminal and only treatment he is on are steroids and anti seizure drugs. The diagnosis has devastated my whole family and I think we are all still in shock at how quickly this has happened as he was fit and well up to this diagnosis.

Thanks 

• Hi  and welcome to the Online Community. I'm very sorry to read about your Dad's diagnosis. I'm not a member of this group as I have a different type of cancer but just dropped by and noticed you've not had a reply. By me replying it'll "bump" up your post to the top of the listings and I'm sure some of the members here will be along soon to respond.

When you get  a diagnosis such as this out of the blue it's truly hard to digest what you've been told especially when he was previously fit and well. This disease is so devastatingly cruel but you will get support from other members here.

It might be a good idea to take a look at Supporting someone with incurable cancer forum where you'll be able to connect with other people in a similar situation.

Just read the posts (threads) and click on reply to any you wish to respond to. No question is ever too irrelevant.

Sending you and your family welcoming hugs, B xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hello GordyB

You are so brave to to talk here. You must have been living with this for some time now. 

I have found this is a good place to talk, you are amongst friends who understand.  Most of us here are affected by the same news.  For me, it’s my wife. We found out in March and have been living a crazy roller coaster, that I think you understand, ever since.

This does not make it better, but to find others, working through this, brings me solace.  I really hope you can find some strength through this forum too.

Keep talking and share what feel you want to, nothing more. 

• Hi. There are just no words to describe the utter devastation that you feel when you find out. I’m sending you lots of positive vibes and hugs your way. My Dad has just found out too and I’m just trying to spend as much time as I can with him. Keep strong.