Bone marrow suppression

• 1 reply
  • 25 subscribers

Hi, I’m new to the support site but wondered if anyone could help me please. My father was diagnosed with stage 4 GBM in spring and has finished hisfirst 6 week radiotherapy. 2 weeks after his radio had finished he has ended up in hospital with bone marrow suppression and shingles. He is currently very poorly but wondered if anyone else had similar experiences? 
thanks in advance :) 

• Hi SEC

a warm welcome to the group. So sorry to hear about your father.

My husband was diagnosed GBM4 in Sept 2020 but out issue was post-surgical pulmonary emboli no bone marrow suppression. 

This group is a really supportive space so I feel pretty sure that someone with more relevant experience will be along shortly with their thoughts. Please reach out anytime. There's always someone around who gets it, someone to listen and to offer that virtual hug when its needed.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Sending you a huge virtual hug. 

love n hugs 

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm