Gall bladder cancer

Affected by gall bladder cancer? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Any help with why these tests too?

Dudley64
Posted by

I have written on here explaining that I have been diagnosed with both Gall Bladder and Bile Duct cancer. I went for a pre op assessment today as I have ovarian cysts and these need removing, along with the Fallopian tubes, before I start chemo. The consultant wants to do a hysteroscopy and an endometrial biopsy at the same time. Is this usual or am I becoming paranoid that they really do think that  I may have cancer here too? 

Kate

helpfulMe
Posted by

Kate,

Hope you're doing well.    Did you end up having the hysteroscopy and an endometrial biopsy?    Usually those are done when you have abnormal bleeding.      So that may be why they are doing them.

ME

Dudley64
Posted by

Hi Me

I was supposed to have key hole surgery for the removal of both ovaries and cysts and the hysteroscopy and biopsy. I had a bigger incision in the end as the one cyst had grown to 10cm. The hysteroscopy was done and a polyp was removed and the biopsy was done. I should get the results the week of 30th April. Until then it’s keep calm and build my strength ready for the start of chemo.

Kate

Dudley64
Posted by

Update:

I went to see my oncologist yesterday and was told that both ovaries were cancerous. The wait has been so long as the pathologists were waiting for cultures to grow. Dr Rees is almost certain that the cancer has come from either the bile duct cancer or the gallbladder cancer,  rather than being separate ovarian cancer. She has asked the pathologists for exact comparisons of specimens and will let me know next Thursday what the plan going forward will be. One thing we do know is that I can’t now go into the ACTICCA-1 trial.

Kate