Follicular lymphoma

Follicular lymphoma is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). If you're suffering from follicular lymphoma, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Follicular lymphoma stage

Jan4444
Posted by

Hello, I’m looking for a little help/information, my dad has 3 tumors on his groin both sides, and 2 under his diaphragm near his spleen he was told when he was diagnosed it was stage 1 B cell he had at the time 2 tumors under the diaphragm and one small one at one side of his groin, does this mean his stage has now changed? 

johnr
Posted by

Hi this explains staging in very general terms

https://lymphoma-action.org.uk/types-lymphoma-non-hodgkin-lymphoma/follicular-lymphoma

Best to ask that question when he next sees his consultant, from what you describe it sounds like stage 1 or 2 but I am no experts so do ensure the question is asked. Its not unusual for fnhl patients to have the disease develop but still stay on watch and wait it is what happens sometimes, just like when it stabilises and stops growing/spreading for a time. Did they give your dad a grade, the link explains that too.

John 

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi Jan, I was just about to post the same link but John get there first.

Yes, his team are the ones to ask.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela