Follicular lymphoma

Follicular lymphoma is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). If you're suffering from follicular lymphoma, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Bump in the road

Nix67
Posted by

Hi Paul,

That really is a bummer especially when there is nothing you can do about it. Let’s just keep our fingers crossed that they sort themselves out and that the maintenance treatment can go ahead as planned. 

Hope that you are enjoying your holiday and not worrying too much. 

Keep us posted.

Nicky 

Cecren
Posted by

Well, my neutrophils & lymphocytes have been red lining over the last few weeks while I had a series of infections, but the problem was improved when I had treatment for the infections, so I'm stable as far as I know now. 

I think the policy in my unit is now to offer longish term (months, not weeks) low doses of antibiotics and antivirals after treatment with rituximab and bendamustine, so I'm taking both cotrimoxazole & acyclovir regularly for now.  I feel fine, but I felt OK even when my immunity was useless and I felt good during my chemo, except for the tiredness.

I can't have the 2 years of rituximab because of my allergy to it, though I guess they could do what they did during treatment and slam the allergic response with steroids and antihistimines and give the rituximab intravenously.  I don't think my lack of maintenance therapy affected the troublesome infections I've had, but the lowered immunity after treatment has completed does seem to be a feature of some drugs.  Nobody suggested gamma globulin injections, let alone bone marrow biopsy, to me.  Having had both in the past, I'm not keen either!

Hope the blood problems settle for you both & you can enjoy your well deserved remissions!

Cecren

Jenko1979
Posted by

Hey,

well, I’m back on the GCF injections again now for 5 days as bloods still below the 0.4 mark which is not great.

i suspect the rest of maintenance won’t happen now and they will just try to keep my bloods stable with these injections until they sort themselves out. I hope the 3/12 maintenance treatments I have go some way to helping my remission.

i think bone marrow biopsy would only be if the neutrophils were continuously low for 4 months as then they’d have to investigate why that would be the case.

paul 

Paul