Follicular lymphoma

Follicular lymphoma is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). If you're suffering from follicular lymphoma, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Starting Treatment 27th December

BedrockFred
Posted by

Hi Peter I can relate to your anxiety I was the same before my scan last Monday and even worse waiting the two days for the results stressful time indeed

Wish you all the luck in the world and keeping everything crossed for you be positive, worrying is the enemy it's easy to say that but I firmly believe it's getting me through this bloody cancer

Seems we are a little different as I love bedtime and yes I have had some strange dreams of late but funny strange rather than scary strange

Good luck Monday be strong and I'm sure you'll be a winner 

Together we are stronger...

Peter1954
Posted by

Hello Fred,

Thanks for the reply , it helps me without question, all our journeys are different, but we need to draw strength from them. Its odd in a way, I'd not felt so bad in the past, but then I look at all the people on here in the last few months and some have had it far worse than I can think of, let alone understand.

Peter

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.  Abraham Lincoln

Nix67
Posted by

Hi Fred,

Pleased that you have got number 4 out of the way, Now you can take time to recover - especially after your scan results and knowing that the poison is doing its job.........

That will be me next Tuesday. I leave home at 7ish too and get back about 5pm. I find that the hardest bit for me is having to drag myself out of bed the following day to go back for day 2. 

However I have had a lovely few days in the U.K. and now have a chilled weekend ahead.

I am not sleeping brilliantly but like you am happy to go to bed. It’s always been one of my favourite places - lol. 

Good luck on Monday Peter. I hope it goes well for you. 

Nicky

BedrockFred
Posted by

Will be thinking of you on Tuesday and send my best wishes 

Went to bed last night at 9pm and had quiet a good night just the toilet breaks due to my regime of drinking plenty I'm certain that helps, up at 6am and don't feel to bad the fatigue has not hit me yet been out in the garden pruning our trees now a trip to the recycle centre to dispose of the cuttings

My wife tells me to go steady but that's not me lol while I am able I like to get on with things and although the weather's now turning the week or so of sunshine really does raise the spirits 

Long days travelling to and from Chemo leaving home early and not getting back to late afternoon but needs must, you know the feeling with your travels, so amazed you can fly to and fro  really admire you 

Good luck next week and keep us informed

Together we are stronger 

Peter1954
Posted by

Hello Nicky,

Thank you and good luck on Tuesday to you.

Peter

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.  Abraham Lincoln

BedrockFred
Posted by

Hi Nicky 

Hope all went well Tuesday and your side effects are not too bad 

Me, 5 days post cycle 4 and it's not been bad other than the horrible metal taste in my mouth, I have manged a 3 mile walk with the dogs each day so fatigue has not been so much of a problem thus far

Good luck everybody 

Together we are stronger

Peter1954
Posted by

Hello Fred,

Johnr (I think) said he used pineapple to get rid of that taste and it worked for me. I am glad you're managing a decent walk each day, I'm afraid mines dropped to a mile and my knees are in trouble, they hurt badly after that and I also have tendon seizures at the moment, with dreadful pins and needles all the time. Tomorrow I'm off to the hospital, hopefully they can work out why I'm having these problems.

Peter

BedrockFred
Posted by

Hi Peter

Sorry to hear all your problems fingers crossed they can be sorted with your hospital visit

Bought a fresh pineapple yesterday will give that a try I do eat quite a bit of fresh fruit mostly big jaffa oranges really enjoy them

Good luck today keep us all posted please

Together we are stronger 

Paul (Fred)

Peter1954
Posted by

Hello Fred,

Well all is good and its onto maintenance now, as for my aches and pains I'm told they will fade with time, so now its push a bit more and lets see where we go LOL.

Did the pineapple work?

Peter

BedrockFred
Posted by

Hi Peter

That really good to hear, hopefully the aches and pains will ease in time 

As for pineapple yes it did seem to help a bit, will continue with it, thanks

I am looking forward to getting my hopefully last two chemo sessions out the way and returning to a somewhat "normal lifestyle"

Good luck everyone

Together we are stronger 

Nix67
Posted by

Hi,

Well that’s cycle 4 done and dusted

Nausea has been the worst problem this time. I have never had children but I feel like I have permanent morning sickness ........ They are not keen to give me anything for it other than ginger tea - which I hate ........

I am a fairly picky eater at the best of times but at the moment can only eat ‘dry’ food. 

However I was back in school on Thursday afternoon and Friday. No good sitting around feeling sorry for myself - lol. 

Enjoy your weekend

Nicky 

BedrockFred
Posted by

I am always given anti-sickness tablets after my chemo, I have never had any problems with Nausea

Not sure why they are not keen to give you any medication have they given you any reason?

I'm a week away from cycle 5 and right now I feel fine apart from fatigue but that has lessened and I can manage a 2 plus mile walk with the dogs each day now

Good luck Nicky  and well done getting back to work, something I can't do as I'm retired 

Together we are stronger

Peter1954
Posted by

Hello Nicky,

I was given nausea tablets like Fred, but only ever had 6 and that was after the 1st 2 cycles for 1 day only each time. I was told that peppermint tea is good for nausea, so if you like that, give it a try, must admit I have a couple of mugs a day of it, maybe thats why I only had it rarely!

Peter

BedrockFred
Posted by

Yes Peter I am given tablets to take one after the chemo cycle then 1 the next day and 1 the day after, I am told I must take these but am also given tablets I can take as and when needed, I've never taken these 

Drinking plenty is a must I have an app on my phone to record my drinking through out the day and I always drink at least 3ltrs a day I'm sure it helps only negative is a few trips to the toilet each night!!!

Together we ate stronger

Peter1954
Posted by

Hello Fred,

I'm pleased to say I don't need to get up at night, I average 2-3 litres a day of water plus tea/coffee/wine. I have one of those Brita bottles to carry around which is useful when out walking, but then I've always drunk plenty of fluids, even when I worked there was a jug of water by me.

Peter