Follicular lymphoma

Follicular lymphoma is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). If you're suffering from follicular lymphoma, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Starting Treatment 27th December

Jenko1979
Posted by

Hi all,

so, my maintenance treatment is officially over now after only 3 of the 12 treatments due to bloods not recovering. (Neutrophils)

I now move to 2 GCSF injections each week for the next 8 weeks and then they will check bloods again.

a bit of disappointment to not complete maintenance, but technically I’ve now finished with FL treatment until this beast returns so I suppose that’s positive in some respects.

I hope everyone is doing good.

paul

Paul 

WayneSch
Posted by

Hi Paul, 

Sorry to hear your neutrophils didn't bounce back.  Hopefully the GCSF will help the white blood cells bounce back.  Best of luck!

Wayne

WayneSch
Posted by

Hi Crew, 

Just to give a quick update, I am now done my six months of bendamustine/rituximab and will be starting maintenance on November 28. So far so good!  I had a couple bumps in the road during my 6 months of chemo in terms of an infelction in the first month and breaking my foot around the third month.  Having said that, my oncologist said I had an excellent response to the chemo.  All my lymph nodes are back to normal size but one in my abdomen, which is a smidgen under 1cm.  Neither my oncologist or my resident wanted to speculate whether that was lymphoma or not, stating that could be scar tissue.  My blood counts are good. So far, I'm pretty happy with the response!

Wayne

BedrockFred
Posted by

Good news Wayne, really pleased for you

Together we are stronger
Jenko1979
Posted by

Great news Wayne,

I hope the maintenance goes smoothly and that you can now enjoy a lovely long remission.

do keep us informed , I like to check on peeps from time to time.

regards

Paul 

Cecren
Posted by

That's magic!  So pleased for you.  It feels good to see a cohort of us getting through the chemo stage and on to that normality bit!

We're lucky.  We're here for the longer term and things are good! 

Cecren

Clecker
Posted by

Hi gang normality that's the word hope everyone is beating this rubbish we have  to deal with  I'm going back to work 9th and then 2nd maintenance treatment 13th so chin up people  once  again  amazing bunch on here helped me so much onwards and upwards 

BedrockFred
Posted by

Great news hope work is going well, I have that up a couple of years ago having retired but find plenty to do or rather my wife finds me plenty to do!!

Must admit when I was first diagnosed I was frightened but my amazing team helped and the great people on here too many to name but you know who you are

Together we are stronger