Follicular lymphoma

Follicular lymphoma is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). If you're suffering from follicular lymphoma, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Starting Treatment 27th December

Clecker
Posted by

Hi everyone had my 1st maintenance treatment Friday as soon as I finished the  nurse called me in to consultant room to give me my results which I'm so pleased to tell everyone its remission thanks fr everyone help over the last 7 months you all gave me good advice so having  a few more weeks off work  then back to  it to get some  normality back in our lives once again thanks everyone onwards ad upwards

Thehighlander
Posted by

Great news, congratulations.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

johnr
Posted by

Congrats, long may it last

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
BedrockFred
Posted by

So pleased for you

Together we are stronger
Nix67
Posted by

That is brilliant news - I am so pleased for you.

I am still plodding onwards. All 6 teeth have been removed so hopefully that has got rid of anything that the chemo has attacked. I have had my 2nd round of maintenance treatment but my bloods aren’t great now so I am on tablets to try and stabilise things. 

Onwards and upwards,

Nicky 

WayneSch
Posted by

Fantastic news!!  Way to go!  

Wayne

Cecren
Posted by

Good outcomes are definately great to hear!  You've had a rather bumpy road with all the dental work and I hope your bloods settle soon, Nicky. 

I'm great as far as the lymphoma goes, clear of disease.  Nicky is right to point out that one's immunity tends to fluctuate a bit.  Mine's been bouncing around all over the place, both neutrophils and lymphocytes down sometimes.  Without regular blood tests, which nobody wants after all, you wouldn't know what goes on.  It seems bendamustine is a persistant drug, still working its magic for me after 3 months since treatment stopped.

Upshot was a truly epic dose of shingles with chickenpox spots everywhere from ankles to neckline, special concentration under my bust.  Hurt like mad & cost me 5 days in hospital with strict quarantine alongside folk having stem cell transplants (!) and some serious antiviral treatment by drip.  It has worked, so I just take 2-3 months of antiviral tablets and painkillers for as long as needed.  Reckon I lost about 15lbs in weight over the last month - not a good look on an old biddy!

Exciting at the time, but I am glad to be home in my own kitchen, baking bread & catching up with the washing.  The mundane is just what I need now!

Cecren

Cecren
Posted by

Isn't it brilliant, Clecker?  Just the best feeling that it's all been worth while and life lies ahead of you to enjoy.

Comgratulations!

Cecren

WayneSch
Posted by

I am so sorry you have had such a bumpy road Cecren!  Holy cow. 

I had no idea that your immunity would still be down three months after the bendamustine.  I hope it bounces back soon. I'm impressed that you bake your own bread, something of a lost art around here.  Enjoy a quiet, mundane time!  

Wayne

Jenko1979
Posted by

Congratulations Clecker on your news!

my bloods are still low and I’m off to Rome next week so my maintenance treatment is now delayed by 5 weeks minimum. Bit of a pain, but consultant doesn’t seem massively worried.

Paul 

BedrockFred
Posted by

My maintenance treatment has been postponed as I have a chest infection on a course of strong antibiotics for a week then see him a week tomorrow to deciede the way forward

Together we are stronger
Nix67
Posted by

Hope that we are all back on the straight and narrow soon.

Guess we all knew it wasn’t going to be a simple journey ...........

Good luck to everyone.

Nicky 

WayneSch
Posted by

Hang in there folks!  Let's hope the road gets considerably less bumpy!

Wayne

BedrockFred
Posted by

Back on track for me my maintenance treatment went ahead today. Next consultation is on the anniversary of my treatment starting, onwards......

Good luck everybody 

Together we are stronger
Clecker
Posted by

Good luck fred keep all our spirits up  onwards and upwards