Follicular lymphoma

Follicular lymphoma is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). If you're suffering from follicular lymphoma, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Starting Treatment 27th December

BedrockFred
Posted by

How's our team doing guys and gals 

Together we are stronger
Clecker
Posted by

Morning fred hope all our gang are doing as well as can be myself I have  my 5th lot of chemo Wednesday all going well with my self just numb finger tips apart from that all good  take care everyone thanks once again for help everyone gives onwards and upwards

Nix67
Posted by

Hi all,

Well I am in the U.K. supposedly resting after having my teeth out before maintenance starts on the 1st August.

However I have been to 2 weddings and danced the night away and now my nephew has decided he quite fancies a trip to Drayton Manor and a sleepover with Aunty Nicky - lol........

Guess I will be going back to work for a rest

Nicky 

Thehighlander
Posted by

Sitting in a great new-ish Cafe overlooking the Dam at Pitlochry having illy coffee and a massive cream scone after a few days in Dundee visiting the new V&A.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

BedrockFred
Posted by

Good to hear everyone ( or most) is in good spirits 

Just back from a few days away in Norfolk, had a really nice time, including a steam train ride a visit to a couple of NT properties and for my wife a little retail therapy  and of course a visit to Dave's fish restaurant in Sheringham, can't beat Dave's special and great value fish and chips, mind you that scone sounds good Highlander 

Good luck everybody keep strong 

Together we are stronger
Cecren
Posted by

Hiya all!

I'm still waiting for scan results, but trying to build up some exercise tolerance.  No affordable gyms round here, but I am trying to rebuild some muscles and walk better.  I have a programme!

Hope we're all progressing nicely and enjoying a bit of summer?

C

Cecren
Posted by

What a great Auntie you are, Nicky!  I'd have given 6 months pocket money for a trip to Drayton Manor.  We thought it was paradise back then in the grim 1950s.  Swingboats, roundabouts and a miniature railway - who needs Disneyland?

Hope the dental work is soon done and that you are clear of infection.  

C

Cecren
Posted by

Nearly there, Clecker!  Hope your results are great.

C

Clecker
Posted by

Thanks cecren fingers crossed I need to get back  to  work  my plan  is to be back in work December depending on results

BedrockFred
Posted by

How we doing team, hopdfully all coming along well

Together we are stronger
Nix67
Posted by

Hi all,

I am still in the UK flying back to Vienna tomorrow for the first maintenance treatment on Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed that there won’t be any unexpected nasty side effects.

My mouth is still sorer than I would like it to be - which may mean another trip to the dentist when I get back ........

Other than that all is good my end.

Nicky

Cecren
Posted by

Hiya!

I've been 5 days in hospital after biting my lip and infecting it with my own resident bacteria.  Amazing what low immunity can do...

But I feel great and I get my scan results tomorrow! 

C

Clecker
Posted by

Good luck with results tomorrow

BedrockFred
Posted by

All the luck in the world with your results tomorrow, let us know how it goes

Hopefully all good and another kick in "nuts" for this bloody disease 

Me, I'm back to my five mile walks each day, still knocking back the old Adams ale, sure it's a big factor

And a bonus now lost a stone and a half so getting back to my fighting weight 

Good luck everybody will be thinking about you all

Together we are stronger
WayneSch
Posted by

Best of luck Cecren!  

I have been away from the group for a couple of weeks, so it was so nice to get back on and hear that Fred you are in remission!  Way to go!  Enjoy life.  After a pretty smooth go I had a bump up and a bump down in quick succession. I did get me 4th month CT scan and the oncologist said I'm having "a very good response."  I got a copy of the CT scan and that means marked improvement but not totally gone.  The smaller lymph nodes in my neck and groin are back to normal, the very large one in my abdomen has shrunk (from 9 cm by 5 cm to now 1 cm by 1 cm) but still not normal.  Two more treatments to go, so I hope we can go from 1 cm to nothing of course.  So, I'm pretty happy, and then I broke my foot.  The 5th metarsal, the bone to your little toe.  I had told my oncologist that it was just an act of stupidity.  I had tied our kayaks down to our minivan, jumped off the van, and landed badly.  My oncologist said maybe it wasn't just stupidity. The chemo can leach calcium out of our bones (probably contributed to Nicki's dental problems) and make them more fragile.  So since talking to her, I went from being really cavalier about the break (putting weight on my nonweight bearing cast) to now not putting any weight on the foot if possible, and she put me on a calcium supplement and wants a bone density scan when I'm done my 6th round of chemo.  The cast really has slowed me down. I'm not good on crutches yet! But I want it to heal well. The ups and down of treatment.

Best of luck to everyone!

Wayne