Follicular lymphoma

Follicular lymphoma is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). If you're suffering from follicular lymphoma, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Starting Treatment 27th December

Jenko1979
Posted by

Hi Wayne,

once you finish your combination treatment of bendamustine and rituximab, you will almost certainly then move onto the 2 year maintenance treatment which is just the rituximab.

i had a scan midway through my 6 cycles of chemo, and then again was the big one at the end of the 6 months.

regards

Paul 

BedrockFred
Posted by

A week away from my post chemo scan and feeling good after my three week hospital visits for treatment this wait for scan and results seem to be dragging 

Have at last be able to get on the cross trainer started Friday just 15 mins a day but it's a start along with the doggie walks of 3 miles plus hopefully it'll shift some of the weight I've put on lol

Good luck everybody

Together we are stronger
BedrockFred
Posted by

Well it's nearly here (Monday) my post chemo scan to see if the treatment has kicked this bloody disease, must admit I'm feeling a little nervous 

The wait from my scan to the appointment on the 4th June is going to seem a lifetime 

Together we are stronger
Peter1954
Posted by

I agree its a horrible thing to have, but like most things in life, if you look at it from the aspect of what we know now and the new people we have all chatted to on this forum, with luck we will be able to comfort the people in the future, who just like us find it a challenge just getting from one day to the next, then its not so bad after all.

Good luck Monday, but even more on the 4th of June.

Peter

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.  Abraham Lincoln

WayneSch
Posted by

Best of Luck!  And thanks for all your help. 

Yes, the waiting must be very hard.  There is so much variability with the course of this disease, but it gave me hope that on my first round of chemo I sat beside a guy who seemed pretty cheerful for someone with an iv in his arm.  He stated he had a period of 19 years between treatments.  Who knows what our path will be, but it is possible for it to be a good one.  

Wayne

Jenko1979
Posted by

Hope the scan goes well tomorrow Fred, I’ll be keeping everything crossed for your results in June.

Paul 

BedrockFred
Posted by

Scan done now fingers crossed 

Together we are stronger
Thehighlander
Posted by

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Clecker
Posted by

All the best  buddy