Follicular lymphoma

Follicular lymphoma is a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL). If you're suffering from follicular lymphoma, or know someone who is, join this support group.

Follicular lymphoma

Thehighlander
Posted by

Time to put your big shoes in your team’s doors Peter - all the best for tomorrow.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Nix67
Posted by

Hang on in there Peter and keep us posted.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Nicky 

BedrockFred
Posted by

Good luck Peter everything crossed for you 

Together we are stronger
Clecker
Posted by

All the best Peter chin up buddy 

Cecren
Posted by

Peter, I just want to add my best wishes.  That biopsy is important & I'm sure your team will move things forward for an urgent slot.   You're in the best shape you can be and ready for whatever's needed.

It looks like we're all rooting for you! 

C

blocks
Posted by

Best wishes Peter, hoping for a positive outcome for you.

Allan
Peter1954
Posted by

Thank you all so much, it really means a lot to me, the hospital rang earlier this evening and I go for the biopsy Thursday at 2pm (16th). Lump is still getting bigger and now I'm having to wear t-shirts as ordinary shirts are irritating my armpit.

Peter

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.  Abraham Lincoln

Peter1954
Posted by

Had my biopsy Thursday and what a difference from last years, where the whole of my left shoulder went black with bruising. Took them nearly an hour as they use a clean room, 2 doctors, 3 nurses and the main man well it was wow was that it, he took 5 samples, then after for 10 minutes he's pressing a pad on the site of the biopsy, he said it reduced bruising and bleeding. We spoke about the chemo I'd been on and he said it will be different next time, something obviously hasn't worked. So next week my MTD team meet on Thursday and I have an appointment Friday. I think I'm far more relaxed about the whole thing than first time round, but am feeling worn out lol.

Wedesday I am having an echocardiogram, which originally was for this Monday. Been a busy couple of weeks lol.

Peter

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.  Abraham Lincoln

Thehighlander
Posted by

Great report Peter and that the biopsy went well - great.

I also found the second time through - all the stress levels reduced as you have a basic vision of what will happen. 

My pre-SCT tests make for a rather busy few weeks. Have you done a Lung Function Test in the airtight booth?........ weird eh. I have had a good few due to my Asbestosis.

Take time to rest up, eat well but keep some activity going as this is the prep time.

Mike - Thehighlander

Peter1954
Posted by

Airtight booth! Never even heard of such a thing. I can remember after I gave up smoking, my doctor wanting to do a lung pressure thing, you just blew into a tube, that was a year after stopping and I forget the reading but he said it was as good as a non smokers hahaha, that gave me nice feeling, especiqlly as I'd been a 20 a day for 30 year smoker.

Off for a walk now, got my shoulder shopping bag as he said no weights for a week.

Peter

Thehighlander
Posted by

Well done in cutting out the smoking as I am sure it has helped in the long run and enjoy your walk

Peak Flow Test - You sit inside a clear airtight both. You have a Diving type mouthpiece and nose clip and all the air is taken out of the box. The only air you get is controlled my the technician.

You have to do various breathing tests and the computer works out your lung capacity and will gives a reading as to how you compare with a normal person your age.

My lung capacity is about 15-20% below what it should be for a 63 year old but it only gives me issues if I am bending over to do stuff and walking up hill into a wind.

My lowest recorded peak flow before going into treatments was about 280 PEF (this is not great) but my last Respiratory clinic I was at over 510 PEF so not far from the 63 year old 560ish PEF.

My Respiratory Consultant actually thinks that for some reason my SCTs have made a difference in some way!!! and I hardly ever use an inhaler now - this cancer journey is full of surprises.

Mike - Thehighlander

Clecker
Posted by

All the  best Peter mad this journey we all on chin up buddy take care  all the best  clecker 

Peter1954
Posted by

Mike, the funny thing is it wasn't hard to give up, I'd had a cold and got over it and basically said stuff this I can't be bothered lol. That was 13 years ago, now I'm 65 and yes I do feel the benefits, ie no cough, taste food properly and as the wife says the old ashtray smells gone. If I think about it now, did smoking encourage what I have now, I don't know, but I just feel it might.

Peter

Peter1954
Posted by

Thanks Clecker, yes it is indeed a mad disease.

Peter

BedrockFred
Posted by

I stopped smoking 40 years ago when they went up to 4 shillings a packet, just said that's it not burning anymore money lol.

I was smoking 30 a day  and had tried many times before to stop but could'nt but obviously this time must have been the right time

I asked my doctors if my younger days of being a smoker had anything to do with what I have they said almost certainly  not 

Good luck Peter hope all goes well for you and they get your treatment right so you can kick this bloody disease into touch

Together we are stronger