Methotrexate

• 12 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi all, my consultant has suggested methotrexate as a preventative as my lymphoma was out of the lymphatic system and am at risk of cancer spreading into the Central Nervous System or Brain.  I have been through one of the chemos of methotrexate which I feel is quite a brutal treatment being on a drip of fluids 24/7, measuring urine input and output and Sodium Bicarbonate tablets.  Can anyone tell me if they have had one or two of these preventative treatments please ? 

• Hi there.

I had 2 cycles plus about 8 intrathecal. I agree the iv is the most horrific, was exhausted after going to the bathroom every 30/40 minutes for days.. had 1 rchop, 2 rcodexm and 2 ivac and 8/10 intrathecal.

On the plus side what was there was gone after these cycles not needing any further treatment.

stay positive and remain strong x

• Thanks Pari is it wrong to say I’m dreading cycle 2? You are right it is exhausting going to the toilet every 30 minutes for days and also swelling up!!! Where was your cancer if you don’t mind me asking? Glad it got the boot xx