R-CHOP side effects

• 4 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi,

I am three cycles through treatment, and athough having very few side effects, the most uncomfortable is a continuous, day and night, need to burp. I am taking prescribed Omeprazole (20mg) and Gaviscon, but not working! I get an hour or more walking exercise each day.Any advice on eating an d drinking habits/frequency or other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Ken 

• Hi again Ken , good that you are having a relatively smooth ride but sorry to hear about the burp challenges.

I also bad acid reflux and indeed some burping. I was on Omeprazole and Peptac (I found it better than Gaviscon) and it did ok but the best thing I did (advised by my consultant) was put bricks under the top end of my bed and raise it up and this helped ‘push everything down’ worked for me.

I was very sick after my second Sten Cell Transplant and developed “The most impressive Hiatus Hernia” they don't want to touch it but will if needs be but the acid reflex is being kept under control well with Lansoprazole am and pm

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Mike, Thanks for your quick response, and advice. I'm not sure the bed inclination would work for me, as I have the reflux all day as well. I do struggle with drinking enough water, and wonder whether that could be causing it...it is it just be the wild rocket which I keep eating ???

Sorry to hear about your hiatus hernia!

Regards.

Ken

• Hi Ken, I as initially having the problems 24/7 but the bed thing slowly helped as I ended up getting relief over night and this started to help during the day.

Drinking fluids is so important and even now, 5 years out from treatments I am still doing 2 litres a day……wild rocket?…. try stopping it - you never know.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks Mike, I'll try the bed idea...just need to find some house bricks !!

I've always struggled to drink more than 500ml of water a day, so need to get my act together.

Thanks again for your dedicated service to our queries and worries. 

Ken