R-codox-M/R-IVAC

• 5 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi everyone

My husband has just been diagnosed with stage 4b DLBCL in his early 30's and has just started the intensive R-codox-M/R-IVAC treatment.

I guess I am just looking for others experinces with thsi treatment as it seems to be very intesive. 

What will he be going through in the next few months? I want to be able to support him as much as possible and if I know what is potentially round the corner, I can be prepared. 

He is tolerating the first 5 days well, I've just noticed he is more tired and has a sore mouth.   I can only imagine it will get much worse.

As I am unable to visit him in hospital (COVID19) it has been really hard.  Was anyone allowed home during this treatment or is he likely going to be an inpatient full time for 3-4months?

I'm also worried about fertility but focusing on getting him through this first. 

Any stores/experiences would be really helpful.  

Thanks, 

Marbs 

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community.

Sorry to hear about your husbands diagnosis and treatment journey. Although I had a different type of NHL I do understand the treatment challenges.

There have been a few folks on R-codox-M/R-IVAC so let’s see if they are still looking in, you can also use the search tool and put in R-codox-M/R-IVAC to see the posts and hit reply to connect.

My understanding is that this is a full on treatment and as to him getting time at home between cycles, this is a question for his clinical team.

Fatigue may well build up over time so he needs to take each day as it comes but at the same time keeping some simple activity going actually helps overcome some of the fatigue.

We are around to help as best as we can ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Mike.

I guess he's safer in the hospital since its so intense. No visiting is just so hard!

It seems most people have R-CHOP for DLBCL so hopefully someone has been in the same situation previously and can advise further. 

Thanks again

• Every presentation will have a treatment plan that does the job the best so not all get R-CHOP.

Has moving on to Stem Cell Transplant been mentioned after this stage is completed?

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Yeh. Hes young and healthy and can handle the full on treatment apparently. 

No mention of any further treatment. Theyre hoping this does the trick but I've been reading about addition treatments, which is reassuring to know there are more options after this if we need it.

• Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he's coped well with his first cycle, and I hope you are ok too. I know how hard it must be for you, especially not being able to visit him.

My husband has recently completed this course of treatment. He was diagnosed in July 2020 and thankfully he's in remission now.

I'd be happy for you to message me if you'd like me share what our experience was like. 

Take care x