About vaccine

• 12 replies
  • 20 subscribers

I finish my chimioterapy in 2019.10 have a circle a 6 and 3 in my spine in November 2019 my GP advice me to have my flu jab I been down after very ill must to take antibiotics and know with this virus I'm scared to have a vaccine.

I have lymphoma B cels stage 3 all clean know hopefully my consultant secretary forget to send me in November 2020 to do blood test and know after 6 months will have Monday in 02.22  finger's cross hope all will be ok. 

I just wondering if somebody have a vaccine for this covid any side effects??

• Hi and welcome.

I had my first AZ Oxford 12 days ago and apart from a sore arm and a slight sore head that was it, no problems.

I have a different type of NHL but during my treatments had to have a lot of antihistamines as I am allergic to various substances but no problems with the vaccine.

The link below is to some Vaccine info produced by Lymhoma Action.

https://lymphoma-action.org.uk

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Margo59

I also had my first jab just over a week ago (Pfizer). Same as Mike just a sore arm for a day or so.

• Hi Margo  I have had my first dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine - as with the others a sore arm and not much else.  Hope this helps

• Hi Margo, I had the Pfizer on 4th Feb, just a sore arm, felt a bit tired but I usually do anyway! I had chemo last summer, my GP gave me the flu jab and pneumonia jab one in each arm on the same day last October, I was fine then too, yes I was a bit apprehensive but so glad I have had all these jabs, so lucky we have this protection, grab it with both hands.. J x

Julia67
    28/02/20 Started RCHOP for NHL 
    19/06/20 Finished RCHOP
  • I had the AZ vaccine three weeks ago.  I slept practically all the following day as I felt absolutely exhaused. I also had dull ache in my arm for a couple of days.  Apart from that I've been fine.

• I had the Pfizer vaccine two three days ago and had no side effects except a sore arm for one day. Even if you get some side effects it's far better than getting the virus itself I'd have thought.

• I had the vaccine in February. AstraZeneca. Only a tender arm but no other side effects. I was told the protection would be reduced as I not long had finished immunotherapy and chemo before that. Does anyone know much about this and how much reduced it is.  

• Hi jazzlady, from what I have read and others have posted it seems to vary from person to person, I know of a couple who have had anti body tests to see and both had good responses. 

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are
  • Thank you for your reply.

Do I ask.my doctor if I want an antibody test. I guess your right we are all different 

Thank you 

• Not sure how you go about that as one person was part of a trial tracking responses so, the others were in USA & Canada, so yes probably ask and see what is said.

we all know this is a roller coaster ride, where we ride blind, never knowing where the highs and lows are