Chronic myeloid leukaemia

Affected by chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

South Wales calling

CarolAW
Posted by

Are there any people in the South Wales area. I feel so alon

Michael - Macmillan

Hi Carol and welcome to the Macmillan community. 
I'm just dropping by to add a link to some benefit advice services, information and support centres and practical help and support groups in South Wales.

This isn't such a busy group at the moment so there may not be too many replies - you could also join the Leukaemia group and post an introduction in there.

There is some further information about living with cancer on the main Macmillan site and here is a list of all the latest mentions of CML on the community.

Please also think about giving our lovely and helpful experts a call on the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000 (Mon-Fri, 9am-8pm) - I'm sure it would help you just to give them a quick call and have a chat about how you're feeling - they may be able to help with putting you in touch with others in your area too.
There's more info about the Macmillan Support Line here.

Hope this helps,
M.

juliekes
Posted by

Hi carol I am in anglesey,  so not very near but ask your haematologist if they have other cml patients who you could be in touch with. Also there is a Facebook group for cml uk which has a wealth of information and help. I found this invaluable. 

Good luck. Don't feel alone I would be happy to get in touch. I was diagnosed a year ago. 

Julie 

Julie