Chronic myeloid leukaemia

Affected by chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Imatinib and it’s effects on pre existing cardiorespiritary problems

Mintsauce
Posted by

Hello to All

i was diagnosed with CML around 5 months ago.  I’m still having problems with some of the side effects associated with Imatininib, hoping they will lessen with time!  My main concern at the moment is that I’ve had a huge drop in exercise capacity and increased breathlessness.  I now have difficulty walking places I used to run and it appears to be worsening.  I’m currently being investigated for a possible heart problem and am becoming concerned that imatininib may be worsening the condition.  Are there any evidence and research documents available on any possible drug interaction on the condition?

Thehighlander
Posted by

hi and welcome to the Online Community but always sorry to see folks finding us. I am Mike and I am dropping in past from one of our Lymphoma forums to say hello.

You will see that the CML forum is rather quiet and this will be due to the lower numbers having the condition but lets look for someone to pick up on your post.

We also have Caroline, our Macmillan Heamatology Nurse volunteer who you can post questions about all things Leukaemia - just follow this link and post away - it may take a few days for her to get back to you.

From my long treatment journey I have had a few occasions where treatment has had an effect on my heart but all turned out ok in the end.

It would also be really useful if you could put something into your profile as this does help others when replying to you or for those looking for support and information as they can read a bit about your journey so far.

Just click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile' under the 'Profile Settings'. If you're not sure what sort of thing to put just click on my username, Thehighlander to read my profile but my journey was rather long so it is a touch like War and Peace ;)

All the best

Mike - Thehighlander

Some journeys take us far from home...... but some adventures lead us to our destiny  - CS Lewis