Chronic myeloid leukaemia

Affected by chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)? Join this group to share experiences and ask questions to people who understand what you're going through.

Emotions

Ging73
Posted by

I'm a cml patient any thoughts when your partner said its not her fault im on chemotherapy. 

Thehighlander
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the Online Community but so sorry to see you finding us.

I am dropping in past from one of our Lymphoma forums just to say hi.

The CML forum is rather quiet but let's see if some of the others will come along but I see you also received some great support in the New to Site section with some links and it would be worth following them up.

A cancer journey can throw up lots of emotions and challanges on everyone involved.

I have been on my cancer journey for over 19 years and have to say that at times even the best long term relationship will be put under lots of pressure and some things at times can be said and should not have. But at the same time folks 'looking in' on a cancer journey can not totally get it and are often struggling to use the right words.

The best way to deal with this is open conversation to be able to understand everyone's thoughts and feelings and agree a way to move this forward. 

From my exoereance I would say that at times the person looking on has as hard, if not worse time than that of the person going through treatment and I have had some very bad treatment.

Mike - Thehighlander

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela