Sore scalp and shampoo

• 2 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hello all I was diagnosed  26,10,21. Bit of a shock.

Iam experiencing a  sore scalp . I have orded jennifer  young scalp balm, but  I was wondering  if anyone else experienced  the same and what shampoo  they are using. 

Kind regards su

• Hi  and welcome to this corner of the Community although always sorry to see folks joining us. I am Mike  and I help out around our blood cancer groups.

I don’t have CML but was diagnosed way back in 1999 with a rare incurable but treatable type of skin NHL Stage 4a so although my blood cancer ‘type’ is different I understand this journey rather well unfortunately.

Lets look for some of the group members to pick up on your post.

As I had a rare skin blood cancer so I was under a Dermatologist for my first 14 years so they proscribed all my skin care.

But I was using Dermol 200 Shower Emollient all these years. You may want to go in past your local Pharmacy and talk with the Pharmacist as they can prescribe some products under the small clinic process.

It’s always good to talk so do call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

Always around to chat.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi 

Thank you so much for contacting me, very much appreciated.  Yes this is a group none us want to be in. But isn't it good that we can reach out to each other and give support.

I was blown right out of the water with my diagnosis.  Have a heart problem  and I always thought that was my big issue. 

I have has many different  feelings  and trying to be strong and positive.  My poor hubby has been hit hard by it all. But we pull together. 

I will ask about what you've told  me about. Thank you very much stay safe. Kind regards  sue