Good Integrated Oncologist for ER+ HER 2-?

Hi everyone. I'm 33 and have just been diagnosed with Stage 2 ER+ HER 2- breast cancer. I'm the fittest and healthiest person I know, so this is particularly devastating! I've been reading lots about 'Integrated Oncologists' who work with you alongside your medical oncologist on nutrition, lifestyle and supplements to complement chemo. Does anyone have experience of working with one in London / the UK? Any wisdom greatly appreciated xxx

• Hi.  Had same diagnosis 18 months ago. Was treated at Charing Cross hospital. Had loads of support from breast nurses and oncology. They ver advice on nutrition as standard and have a Maggie’s centre also.  Good luck with your treatment. 

Stay Positive.  

• Hi L_Well

Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Beast Cancer. While I don't have the answer you're looking for as I live in the Republic of Ireland I just want to wish you well with whatever treatments your medical team decide to give you and remember you are not alone. Be kind to yourself and continue to do the things that you love as I find it helps me get through my own cancer journey. 

Best wishes

Daisy53 xxx

• Hi  and another warm welcome to the forum. I don’t know about London but think it’s worth looking at the Penny Brohn UK centre in Bristol as they offer online support and consultations. I think they grew from the original Bristol Cancer Care Centre (?) - not sure exact name - which was around many decades ago offering alternative cancer treatment. As far as I know it’s now focused on an integrated approach. I haven’t used it but keep meaning to explore it. I had all my treatments a couple of years ago and am on ongoing hormone therapy, but also take my own lifestyle approach to trying to prevent recurrence. 

Good luck with your treatment, sending a big virtual hug your way, HFxx

HappyFeet1 xx
    Don’t be afraid to cry. It will free your mind of sorrowful thoughts. – Hopi
  • Hi Krysia. Thanks for your comments. I'll follow-up with Maggies. Hope you are now clear and well!

• Hi Daisy. Thanks so much for your kind words. It means a lot! I was only diagnosed 2 weeks ago but I am already amazing at the help and support out there. Take care xxx

• Thanks so much Happy Feet, I'll take a look at the Penny Brohn centre. Have a lovely weekend x